Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-06-2010, 11:41 AM   #16
xjx
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote
Actually, I just learned the joys of using CIF with focus assigned to the AF-button (as opposed to half-press of the shutter). With this setup:

CIF
1. Press and hold the AF button
2. Press and hold the shutter
3. Focus the lens
Done in this manner, the shutter will trip when focus is achieved.

Focus and recompose
1. Press and hold the AF
2. Focus the lens
3. Release the AF
4. Recompose the shot
5. Press the shutter
Done in this manner, the shutter will trip even if the center is not in focus.
Focus and recompose can also be done by assigning "Cancel AF" to the AF button. With this setting, the catch in focus is performed as normal (by pressing the shutter button only). To focus and recompose:

1. half press shutter
2. focus the lens
3. recompose
4. press and hold the AF button
5. press the shutter

06-06-2010, 09:01 PM   #17
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Marc Sabatella Quote
Um, you're aware that catch-in-focus also require you to manually press (and hold!) the shutter button, right? And you're using the aperture ring in the "A" position, right?
Now i got it, I was aware of the second part, but not the first part, I didn't fully press down the shutter button, I guess that's the problem.
06-07-2010, 03:40 PM   #18
Forum Member

glad you made it Dude. I was struggeling with the same thing a few days ago and found a hint on the pages of this forum (thanks all for your contributions). Partly for myself to burn this into long term memory, I am summarizing my findings here:
Having the right lenses for this approach in place, the MF/AF-swtich has to be in AFS or AFC position.
Since the AF system has to be activated, the shutter (or AF-button if AF is configured to be separate from the shutter button) needs to be pressed.
To trigger the click, the shutter button has to be depressed completely.
The cam will fire when the object is in focus. By this, you can only take one photo at a time, provided the cam is in single shot mode.
Once set to hi or low frequency series shots, the cam will fire multiple times.
To use the system unattended, a remote control has to be in place (cable connection). A potentially present separate AF-button (I have a selfmade tool having a separate AF-button, that I need to force into on-position by use of some tape) plus the remote controls shutter button have to be set to on-postion all the time while the camera is in action.