Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-06-2010, 07:22 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Two annoying problems.

Hi,
I'm new to this forum. I hope it is populated with wizards who can help me. I want to start doing some HDR work so I tried to activate the auto-bracketing function. I press the button and try either of the wheels but no number of exposures appears. Anyone have a tip?

I also have a problem with occasionally having no images other than multi-colored horizontal lines. I can cure this with removing the battery and reinserting which seems to be the equivalent of a reboot. I can't recreate the problem on demand.

I just upgraded the firmware tonight and it didn't solve the first problem. I have tried the custom settings and even went so far as to RTFM.

Clues appreciated

06-06-2010, 08:50 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by lbeck_98 Quote
Hi,
I'm new to this forum. I hope it is populated with wizards who can help me. I want to start doing some HDR work so I tried to activate the auto-bracketing function. I press the button and try either of the wheels but no number of exposures appears. Anyone have a tip?

I also have a problem with occasionally having no images other than multi-colored horizontal lines. I can cure this with removing the battery and reinserting which seems to be the equivalent of a reboot. I can't recreate the problem on demand.

I just upgraded the firmware tonight and it didn't solve the first problem. I have tried the custom settings and even went so far as to RTFM.

Clues appreciated
K20D? battery grip?
06-06-2010, 11:02 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Concerning the lines, try switching SD cards.
I shoot in bracketing mode with my K10D and have never had any problems with the button apart from forgetting to turn it off and getting differently exposed images when I did not plan on doing HDR.
In case it might be human error, you have to hold down the button and adjust the wheels...
06-07-2010, 05:26 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
2 issues

Thanks for the responses.

It is a K20D sans battery grip. The bracketing button has no effect at all. I can't set the number of shots to bracket with either the front or rear wheel. Are there some settings I need to enable for bracketing to work? If so, to what values?

The color streaks occur randomly and on a number of different SD cards.

06-07-2010, 07:44 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Green mode? (Don't know if green mode blocks bracketing as I never use green mode myself, but maybe it does...)