Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-11-2007, 05:33 AM   #76
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Chickenhawk Quote
Well, I for one still have two 645 bodies and a bunch of lenses sitting in my darkroom somewhere. (Actually, in retrospect, I think I used them about the last time I used the darkroom ... which is quite a few years ago, I might add. Some of you young 'uns can google what a 'darkroom' is.)
Hey, I'm right there with ya! I've got a 6X7 system that doesn't see much use these days. I'm just saying that, as long as we're guessing, the odds would tend to favor a company continuing on the same course it's been on for half a century, rather than betting it's going to deviate from that game plan.

08-11-2007, 06:35 AM   #77
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
From what the posters read, Pentax's new 645D (or whatever they're gonna call it) will still be able to use old medium format lenses...
10-01-2007, 06:16 AM   #78
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
All I will say is this.."Some Big News" before October...

I know, "Cut the Crap Ben"... But it is so true...

Best Wishes
Ben
So, Ben, it's October. What can you tell us that's true?

Mike
10-01-2007, 07:01 AM   #79
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by iCrop Quote
So, Ben, it's October. What can you tell us that's true?
My guess is that Hoya has pulled the rug out from whatever Pentax was telling Ben before.

10-01-2007, 08:23 AM   #80
m8o
Veteran Member

Speculating, perhaps whoever told him whatever, forgot to say 'the end of' making "before October" really "before the end of October"?
10-01-2007, 10:07 AM   #81
Inactive Account

OK, even by the random-speculation-and-false-hope-building standards we are used to on Pentax forums, it takes the biscuit to say that you're definitely "not F'ing around" and that it is "so true" that we will see "big news before October"...

Ben, I am sure you were not F'ing around, but it sure looks like someone at Pentax was F'ing you around, or that Hoya are F'ing Pentax around and no-one wants to admit it. I remember being told by salesmen that Pentax would be making announcements by the end of August. I remember being told on forums that Pentax would be making announcements in September. And, although I missed this post, evidently you predicted big news by October.

So, as m8o says, presumably there will be big news by the end of October? I'll volunteer to be the one to predict big news by the end of November; who wants to call dibs on the End-of-December prediction?
10-01-2007, 10:12 AM   #82
and
Veteran Member

I guess the 18-250 is the huge big inovative news

10-01-2007, 10:27 AM   #83
Not Registered

the Big news will be the acquisition of Canon, Olympus, Pentax, Nikon and Fuji by the evil forces of Sony so nobody can elucubrate anymore on new releases.
10-01-2007, 10:36 AM   #84
Forum Member

A new body to compete with the D300 would be nice!
10-01-2007, 11:21 AM   #85
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ZaphodB Quote
OK, even by the random-speculation-and-false-hope-building standards we are used to on Pentax forums, it takes the biscuit to say that you're definitely "not F'ing around" and that it is "so true" that we will see "big news before October"...

Ben, I am sure you were not F'ing around, but it sure looks like someone at Pentax was F'ing you around, or that Hoya are F'ing Pentax around and no-one wants to admit it. I remember being told by salesmen that Pentax would be making announcements by the end of August. I remember being told on forums that Pentax would be making announcements in September. And, although I missed this post, evidently you predicted big news by October.

So, as m8o says, presumably there will be big news by the end of October? I'll volunteer to be the one to predict big news by the end of November; who wants to call dibs on the End-of-December prediction?
I'll take end of "when hell freezes over" or Pentax photo division is sold to someone who gives a rat's (bodily part of your choice) about it........
10-01-2007, 01:18 PM   #86
Veteran Member

Tomorrow,,,

... is the last day before the opening of the Salon de la Photo in Paris

If there are NDAs in action to cover some announcement(s), that will be their last day!

If there are no news by Wednesday morning, I wouldn't expect anything big until next PMA
10-01-2007, 01:29 PM   #87
Veteran Member

suite et fin...

As quoted from the Pentax France website:

"Sur le stand PENTAX vous découvrirez en avant-première nos nouveautés pour la fin de cette année, et nous vous réservons quelques autres surprises...."

or, for the "no comprendo French" crowd , something like:

" On the Pentax stand, you'll discover our novelties for the end of the year and we are also preparing a few suprises..."

Oooooooh.... enticing isn't it?
10-01-2007, 01:34 PM   #88
Veteran Member

Will you be there?

QuoteOriginally posted by lol101 Quote
As quoted from the Pentax France website:

"Sur le stand PENTAX vous découvrirez en avant-première nos nouveautés pour la fin de cette année, et nous vous réservons quelques autres surprises...."

or, for the "no comprendo French" crowd , something like:

" On the Pentax stand, you'll discover our novelties for the end of the year and we are also preparing a few suprises..."

Oooooooh.... enticing isn't it?
Hey, we need a report!!! tell us what you see and hear asap---PLEASE!

Ken
10-01-2007, 01:37 PM   #89
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lol101 Quote

Surprise!!! It's an 18-250mm Pentax zoom!!!

/prediction mode
10-01-2007, 01:48 PM   #90
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by regken Quote
Hey, we need a report!!! tell us what you see and hear asap---PLEASE!

Ken
Don't worry, I will (I'll be there on saturday morning anyway ).

In addition, I know a guy whose wife's best friend goes out with a guy who participates on some French photo forum where some guy remotely connected to Pentax said he'd have some news tomorrow... soooooo, you'll be (almost) the firsts to (maybe) know something if he (hypothetically) says anything... ... or not ...