Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-01-2007, 01:53 PM   #91
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
What??

QuoteOriginally posted by carpents Quote
Surprise!!! It's an 18-250mm Pentax zoom!!!

/prediction mode

How do your know ??

Who told you?

Is this for sure?

..... I'm not feeling too good right now... where are my pills?...

Goin' to bed folks! :ugh:

10-01-2007, 02:20 PM   #92
Veteran Member

LOL!!!

QuoteOriginally posted by carpents Quote
Surprise!!! It's an 18-250mm Pentax zoom!!!

/prediction mode
Wouldn't that put everybody in a down mood if that is all there is. My prediction is you are right.

Ken
10-01-2007, 02:54 PM   #93
Veteran Member

it is the K1MILLIOND that I havve been working on in my basement.
10-01-2007, 03:59 PM   #94
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I guess...

QuoteOriginally posted by ZaphodB Quote
OK, even by the random-speculation-and-false-hope-building standards we are used to on Pentax forums, it takes the biscuit to say that you're definitely "not F'ing around" and that it is "so true" that we will see "big news before October"...

Ben, I am sure you were not F'ing around, but it sure looks like someone at Pentax was F'ing you around, or that Hoya are F'ing Pentax around and no-one wants to admit it. I remember being told by salesmen that Pentax would be making announcements by the end of August. I remember being told on forums that Pentax would be making announcements in September. And, although I missed this post, evidently you predicted big news by October.

So, as m8o says, presumably there will be big news by the end of October? I'll volunteer to be the one to predict big news by the end of November; who wants to call dibs on the End-of-December prediction?
I guess I'll find out when I get there...October 6-7...

10-01-2007, 06:29 PM   #95
Veteran Member

if they tell you its the 18-250 or whatever just tell us that they didnt tell you anything and that we have to wait longer
10-01-2007, 07:19 PM   #96
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
I guess I'll find out when I get there...October 6-7...
Well Ben I hope it's not a "pink slip" (wink wink) as Hoya gets rid of any extraneous creative endeavors in favor of "bread and butter" (and bland) profit mongering ......... Got a long contract????
10-01-2007, 07:33 PM   #97
Veteran Member

Well let's hope the Gallery, Pentaxian Site, and other efforts were not just last ditch efforts but instead a precursor of greater things to come...otherwise, why waste their time? Clearly they were brought on line after the Hoya merger.

10-01-2007, 11:07 PM   #98
Veteran Member

Well...

QuoteOriginally posted by MJB DIGITAL Quote
if they tell you its the 18-250 or whatever just tell us that they didnt tell you anything and that we have to wait longer
News are up on the dpriviou thing...

All can say is...
10-01-2007, 11:10 PM   #99
Veteran Member

yeah but look at this thread over in the news and releases forum

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-news-releases/12753-k20d.html
i know that one guy says that the pic is of an ist*D
but what about the translation?
10-02-2007, 05:38 AM   #100
Not Registered

I wonder if the news for this weekend will be an improvement in the mock ups of the 645D and lenses. Being Hoya a glass manufacturer maybe they need some practice with them.
10-02-2007, 05:48 AM   #101
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MJB DIGITAL Quote
yeah but look at this thread over in the news and releases forum

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-news-releases/12753-k20d.html
i know that one guy says that the pic is of an ist*D
but what about the translation?
Those are parts of Pentax LiveView patent. first seen something like half year ago
10-02-2007, 06:30 AM   #102
Not Registered

In a serious tone, I think that now it would be the perfect moment to release some high-end products. The nikon-Canon-Sony wave is low now and IMO the high-end products are not too affected for the Xmas season (at least in my case I dont see any relative giving me a 2K-5k present) so it does not matter too much if the photo magazines or massive forums dont review them in time. On the other side, leaving these products for the next PMA or Photokina might be a bad movement cos that announcement would be seriously affected for the next releases of Nikon (say a Nikon D3x) or Canon (say a 5Dish) or even for the mock ups of them. Marketing wise, for better or worst, Pentax is now a second division team and I think that trying to pretend they are a real contender is a mistake (even if some of the Pentax products are difficult to beat)

Now, in a realistic tone, I think that all we will see is the Tamron rebadged lens, a few P&S, a couple of mock ups and Benjikan appearing in the show in parachute shooting with a K10D to some models.
10-03-2007, 05:36 AM   #103
wll
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Gruoso Quote
In a serious tone, I think that now it would be the perfect moment to release some high-end products. The nikon-Canon-Sony wave is low now and IMO the high-end products are not too affected for the Xmas season
Yes I agree it is now time for Pentax to put forward their new camera bodies even if they are mock ups. That would at least say to us loyal Pentax folks that something of a higher quality semi pro or pro model is in the offering.

I don't think I'm the only one who is holding off buying the new Pentax lenses because they want to see the new camera or cameras. I could very much have used live view yesterday and the rest of this week a matter of fact, (climbing on top a ladder trying to peak in a tiny viewfinder is a pain and at times dangerous). I want tethering that works, more accurate white balance and better DR, along with higher ISO (for concert stuff)

Pentax, the time has come, I think many who do use Pentax may start to switch if Nikon and Canon's studio friendly feature set widens, also C and N have great support by the rest of the photo community (software companies, lenses, etc, etc) third party Pentax software is ?. Just look at the new software for Canon and Nikon this week announced for tethering by a third party company .... they didn't even bother with Pentax .... it is this type of thing that has put a halt on my buying Pentax until I see some movement forward.

Pentax ..... I'm on your side, but it is time you step up !

wll
10-03-2007, 06:47 AM   #104
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by wll Quote
Yes I agree it is now time for Pentax to put forward their new camera bodies even if they are mock ups. That would at least say to us loyal Pentax folks that something of a higher quality semi pro or pro model is in the offering.

Pentax ..... I'm on your side, but it is time you step up !

wll
Aside from releasing the 645D, I really cannot see how Pentax would be able to compete with higher end DSLR from C&N (where are the "pro grade" lenses in the Pentax lineup?)

IMHO the only way for Pentax to get its share of the pro business is to "think different" and go "affordable" (say 4-5K€) digital medium format but I don't know how realistic this is.

As to releasing a K10D successor, I don't think Pentax can release new bodies faster than C&N which are on a 18 month turnover basis.

Since the K10 is less than a year old, I would say that announcing a new model around february 2008 to be released around june seems reasonable to me, no need to rush products out.

Remember than the D200 and 30D were released 8/10 months before the K10.
10-03-2007, 06:52 AM   #105
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by wll Quote
I don't think I'm the only one who is holding off buying the new Pentax lenses because they want to see the new camera or cameras.
I think lenses are even more important than a new body at this point :-P
There are no replacements for the FA85/1.4 or FA70-200/2.8 on the roadmap and the release deadlines keep getting missed :-P

That said, the new body will have to have liveview, a sensor w/ better DR, and better AF to compete w/ the new Nikon/Canon offerings...unless it's a K10D replacement (mid-end vs. high-end)...