Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-13-2010, 04:57 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
K-7 and HDMI output while liveviewing

Does K-7 send the liveview still video image out the HDMI port? Not talking playback. Don't want to buy cable if it won't.
thanks
barondla

Check out POINT & SHOOT CONTEST #31 in compact camera forum. Enter #32. Any brand camera. Enter now!

06-13-2010, 05:49 PM   #2
hcc
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by barondla Quote
Does K-7 send the liveview still video image out the HDMI port? Not talking playback. Don't want to buy cable if it won't.
thanks
barondla
Barondla
Good question. I tried today with my K-7 on my HD-TV. But I did not have the right HDMI cable: the HDMI plug inthe K-7 is a mini-HDMI.

However I did a test using the AV-cable. I connected the K-7 to the HD-TV using the AV cable. In Liveview, you see on the HD-TV screen what is shown on the LCD screen: in still shooting mode and in video mode. (In normal mode using Optical viewfinder, nothing appears.)

In turn, one would think that the HDMI output in Liveview would be seen on HD-TV. (Like when you connect a computer to HD-TV using HDMI.)

Hope that the info will help...
06-13-2010, 09:33 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery
Yes

The connector is an HDMI type C and yes you get a live view image which is a complete duplication of the camera display. I just went to a computer shop and ordered a HDMI type A to Type C and it was about $15.
06-14-2010, 04:54 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yes, full display. Just don't get it on both displays at the same time.

Last edited by Ex Finn.; 06-14-2010 at 05:06 AM.