Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-13-2010, 09:26 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
K100D Super

Having a problem with my K100D Super engaging to the computer for download. It worked a couple weeks ago for a couple of pictures and now nothing.

Thought it was the cable, and took the cable in to a store where they hooked it up to another camera and it worked.

Also checked the settings and it is set to download to PC.

I have checked it on 2 different computers and nothing.

Any thoughts please

06-14-2010, 09:19 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Are the camera drivers installed on your computer? Did you try multiple USB ports?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-14-2010, 10:37 AM   #3
Veteran Member

My advice is do like most people do: save batteries and aggravation and use a card reader rather than messing with hooking the cameraup via USB. Much simpler, faster, and better all around.
06-15-2010, 01:48 AM   #4

Original Poster
Yeah I tried several ports, as far as I am aware the drivers are on the computer. I uploaded some pictures one day and litterally the next day went to upload some more and it wouldn't work.

Right now I am using an old kodak to read the card and upload, but it would be nice to upload when I am on the road as well.

06-15-2010, 10:52 AM   #5
Veteran Member

A card reader costs $10 and fits in your wallet. They work as well on the road as at home.
06-16-2010, 10:54 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Get an SD thumb drive..very small like your usual portable flash drive, but takes an SD card instead.
You can even find them at your local Walmart albeit in black color.
Attached Images

06-17-2010, 05:49 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by GerryL Quote
Get an SD thumb drive..very small like your usual portable flash drive, but takes an SD card instead.
You can even find them at your local Walmart albeit in black color.
I have the exact same one that I got from DealExtreme for about $1.88.

I actually use it as a makeshift flash drive since I can never find my 'real' ones, and I always know where my SD cards are.