Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-21-2010, 06:41 AM   #16
Ira
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by guillermovilas Quote
I haven't had much time yet to study the body , still am looking for a couple of things like , where do you see the firmware ? isn't there an 'auto rotate picture' function ?
1)There's a way to rotate a shot when you're viewing in-camera, and magnify,but I never use any of those features. The LCD doesn't give you a reliable indication of the final file anyway.

2) If you hit the Info button and select Digital Filter, each one has little adjustments you can make to it that only affect that particular filter.

3) If you don't have Lightroom (I don't), there a free utility called PhotoMe where, when you launch and open a file taken with the camera, will tell you the firmware version the camera is running.

06-21-2010, 09:12 AM   #17
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by guillermovilas Quote
............. where do you see the firmware ? isn't there an 'auto rotate picture' function ?
I don't know for sure on the KX, but on the other models if you hold the menu button in when you turn the camera on, it will show you the firmware version. I would be surprised if the Kx were different.

Last edited by Parallax; 06-22-2010 at 09:58 AM.
06-22-2010, 12:33 AM   #18

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
I don't know for sure on the KX, but on the other models if you hold the menu button in when you turn the camera on, it will show you the firmware button. I would be surprised if the Kx were different.
Yeah it works like you said , i've got version 1.01
06-22-2010, 05:44 AM   #19
Ira
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
I don't know for sure on the KX, but on the other models if you hold the menu button in when you turn the camera on, it will show you the firmware button. I would be surprised if the Kx were different.
I thought that this method doesn't bring you to the last decimal point though.