Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-22-2010, 07:03 AM   #16

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by audiobomber Quote
There have been many threads here started by new users, where the complaint is that the K-x underexposes. When aked to show an example, they show a dark subject framed against a bright sky and/or water. It's invariably a clear case where +Ev was needed and not applied. That's what I'm talking about.
Fair enough, I guess I was just taking some of the comments the wrong way.

06-22-2010, 08:00 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Classic_Obsession Quote
Were you using M42 lens on it?

I believe that K-X doesn't give an accurate metering with M42 lenses.

For outdoor shots with my super-multi-coated Takumar 50mm 1.4, I have to dial in +2 EV for the correct exposure.

Don't think that K-x (or other models) support multi-segment metering with M42 or any manual focus lenses.

Without multi-segment metering mode, it is difficult to judge whether it tends to overexpose or underexpose in any situations as it varies - also depending on what is focus set on.

Also, the "link AE to AF point" option has to be "OFF" in order to get the proper exposure value despite which focus point is set. Only then, it would be meaningful to say that the camera "tends to over-expose or under-expose".
06-22-2010, 05:05 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Actually it meters much better with my old Takumar 70-200mm that I'm borrowing than it does with the DA L kit lens.