Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-21-2010, 04:16 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
So the K7 is not only my main camera...

... the K7 has become our travel camera.

Last week I was with my family on a one week vacation to Crete and prior to the trip I asked my wife to try out my two cameras, an Olympus E-PL1 (bought as travel camera) and my Pentax K7, around her neck and choose which one she wanted me to bring, seeing as she would be using the camera as well.

She first tried the K7... then she tried the smaller E-PL1 and immediately said (and much to my surprise) "No way... the K7 is much better for me"

So now I have to sell the E-PL1, it was purchased as a smaller travel camera, but wasn't even brought on our vacation. The bad thing is that I will take a loss. The good thing is that I can now concentrate 100% on Pentax lenses
The K7 did great and was with us every day of the week... I have only gone through half the pictures and only processed a few so far... here's one of the 450 pictures...

...now I just have to go process all the pictures and hopefully narrow the collection down to around 150 pictures for family and friends

The K7 rocks !!!

06-21-2010, 05:19 AM   #2

I'm still using the K10 and am saving up for the K7. I can't wait to get my hands on one!!!! So it's good to read that "It rocks!"

cute capture by the way!
06-21-2010, 06:22 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Great capture! I usually carry my K10D+16-50mm as a travel combo, and don't really mind the weight, but the K7 along with a couple of limited lenses is very tempting Which lenses did you bring on your vacation?
06-21-2010, 06:35 AM   #4

Original Poster
Thank you.

I decided to go light and only bring the kit 18-55mm WR lens. I also wanted to test it to see its short-comings - turns out that it is a great lens. There was a few times where I wished for a tiny bit wider, so I will probably go for a 16mm zoom lens one day... but not before I have the Limiteds I want

I sunny places like Crete... I didn't miss a fast aperture.. only once or twice for creative reasons... but the 18-55 WR did great.

06-21-2010, 06:45 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Thanks. If the WR kit lens was available when I bought my 16-50, I may have chosen that instead. The 16-50 was the only weather-sealed normal lens at that time. That being said, the two extra mm on the wide end are very useful, and I rarely have to fiddle with contrast or sharpness in post, like I did with the kit lens.
06-21-2010, 07:51 AM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by EricT Quote
Thanks. If the WR kit lens was available when I bought my 16-50, I may have chosen that instead. The 16-50 was the only weather-sealed normal lens at that time. That being said, the two extra mm on the wide end are very useful, and I rarely have to fiddle with contrast or sharpness in post, like I did with the kit lens.
Yeah, I know what you mean. I still struggle with the thought of a normal zoom that goes to 16mm, but I really don't want the additional weight