Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-28-2010, 07:02 PM   #46
Inactive Account

Original Poster
The new batteries came today. Got them charged and tried them and the camera is still locked up, no difference. So, I'll be shipping off the camera tomorrow. Oh well, I needed more batteries anyway. I'll let you know what happens.
Thanks everyone for all the advice!

06-28-2010, 11:37 PM   #47
Veteran Member

the saga continues... looking forward to a happy ending... hopefully!!!
07-07-2010, 09:20 AM   #48
Forum Member

I had no intention on contributing to this thread, but this saturday my shutter/mirror suddenly stopped working - so I sendt it of for repair today.
07-08-2010, 02:25 AM   #49
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by fergy Quote
The new batteries came today. Got them charged and tried them and the camera is still locked up, no difference. So, I'll be shipping off the camera tomorrow. Oh well, I needed more batteries anyway. I'll let you know what happens.
Thanks everyone for all the advice!
Sorry it isn't a simple fix.

Thank you
Russell

08-02-2010, 06:04 AM   #50
Inactive Account

Original Poster
I got the camera back late last week and so far it is working flawlessly. I'm going to be shooting photos every day at least some to try to put it through the test and am hoping this was the fix that will be permanent. They replaced the main pcb board, updated the firmware and set everything to factory specs. I paid for the pcb board, but they waived the labor for me because I had tried to have it repaired twice while under warranty. Anyway, it's shooting great photos and I've especially tried to shoot under poor lighting and so far it has done great. Now I'm looking forward to using it, a lot!

Thanks again to all who tried to help!
08-03-2010, 03:40 AM   #51
Forum Member

Oh...I'm waiting for mine to return in a few days now...been without it a month now.
I'll make sure to post an update once the camera is back.