Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-22-2010, 07:59 PM   #1
Inactive Account

K100d help please

I just bought a K100D Pentax camera ( used ) I have taken a ton of Pics. with it and now I cant figure out how to extract them from the media card. Do I have to have any special software or what do I do ???? Someone PLEASE help me

06-22-2010, 08:29 PM   #2
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by bulfrogg2003 Quote
I just bought a K100D Pentax camera ( used ) I have taken a ton of Pics. with it and now I cant figure out how to extract them from the media card. Do I have to have any special software or what do I do ???? Someone PLEASE help me
Easiest way is just to plug the usb cable to your camera and connect it to your PC. If you don't have the cable then simply extract the SD card and plug it to your SD reader that is connected to your PC, assuming you have a SD reader

Is your camera under JPG or RAW mode? If RAW, is it PNG or PEF format? You can find those answer by going to the Menu option.

If RAW more then you need a software that can read RAW files. Just go to Pentax website and download the software that was supposed to be shipped with your camera and you should be set. There are tons of freeware (IrFan, Picasa, etc.) that can do the same, Google is your friend!
06-22-2010, 08:37 PM   #3
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Get a SD card reader. I am assuming you don't have one since your asking how to get pics
out of your camera other than you didn't get the manual with it.

This is also assuming you formated the card.
06-23-2010, 12:33 AM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by PinarelloOnly Quote
Get a SD card reader. I am assuming you don't have one since your asking how to get pics
out of your camera other than you didn't get the manual with it.

This is also assuming you formated the card.

The OP mentioned that he has already taken pictures so I'm sure that he already had his SD card formatted :P

06-23-2010, 02:44 AM   #5
Veteran Member

A good SD card reader would be the best option. Just remove the SD card out of its slot in the camera and plug it into the Card Reader slot. Your PC will "see" the card as a Folder on the USB device. SD card readers cost very little these days.

Connecting the camera via the special USB Cable (comes with the K100D box) direct to the PC works as well, but I found the transfer speed is slower than my card reader, probably due to the K-7's circuitry.
06-23-2010, 07:06 PM   #6
Veteran Member

If you shoot RAW though, even if you are able to plug the camera or the SD card to the comp, you won't be able to view your photos unless you have a RAW converter software or the software that your camera came with for processing RAW files.
06-23-2010, 07:22 PM   #7
Veteran Member

First off..... Do you have any photo proce4ssing software?????