Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-08-2010, 06:53 PM   #31
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by audiobomber Quote
If I look at the quality of the photos in this thread, flash vs ambient, there's no question that I prefer the natural look. The flashed photos all show obvious signs of artificial lighting.
Granted, natural is better but there are times that you wished you had used the flash.

JP

07-28-2010, 08:07 PM   #32
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
I've finally got some results with the "dark underwoods" pictures, hence a kinglet, nicely posing in a very camouflaging environment. The colours of the tiny bird match to perfection the surroundings and it was very early morning, with the rising sun filtering through the trees. Not much light either but enough to make the shots.
No flash used, handheld.
My original complaint was indeed caused by the photographer (me) and that proves once again that the quality of the shot is in direct relationship with the photographer's abilities, or lack of in my case.
As usual, the pics are now very "soft" compared to the originals ... this is very annoying.
JP

Last edited by jpzk; 10-16-2015 at 05:39 PM.