Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-24-2010, 03:14 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
*ist DL doesn't always wake up from standby mode

Greetings!

SITUATION: When I moved up to a K20D, I was pleased to give my 3-year old *ist DL to a friend with whom I do lots of nature adventuring.

PROBLEM: Recently, when the *ist DL powers down after several minutes of non-use (as we'd set it to), the light touch on the shutter release often will not wake it from stand-by mode. Of course, this causes missed shots of birds and other very awake creatures.

TRYING TO DEAL WITH IT: She has to turn it off to power up again. Problem does not seem to be related to the AA NiMH batteries.

SOLUTION: Short of having it serviced, I'm hoping someone can offer a diagnosis with a do-it-yourself fix.

Thank you,
Bonnie

06-25-2010, 07:07 AM   #2
Banned

Photos: Gallery
I think you can also crank the power switch to the DOF preview position to awaken it. I'd try that, or just shut off the power saver if you're missing shots.
06-25-2010, 07:16 AM   #3

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
crank the power switch to the DOF preview position to awaken it. I'd try that, or just shut off the power saver

Seem like excellent suggestions. Thanks for quick response.

Last edited by bonitap; 06-25-2010 at 07:18 AM. Reason: error in formatting