Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-27-2010, 10:21 AM   #16
Nubi

QuoteOriginally posted by emr Quote
Nubi, just out of curiosity: how are you using your iPad in relation to your Mac, Aperture and photos? Do you have Aperture installed on it (haven't checked if that's possible)? Are you somehow synching your iPad to your Mac? Have you transfered pictures from your camera to your iPad via your Mac?

I'm just wondering if that iPad is really messing things up.

Oh no. All I do is to sync with my CPU now and then. As of now, there is no way to install Aperture on iPad. I have downloaded my 5* photo file to ipad by synching it, just to show them to people.

06-27-2010, 12:03 PM   #17
Veteran Member

There is nothing wrong with Lightroom, it just doesn't fit my workflow well.

FWIW as far as Aperture, they released initial RAW support for the K-7 before Aperture 3 was released. Shortly thereafter they updated their RAW support for many cameras, the K-7 included, however e update was only for Aperture 3 and up.
06-27-2010, 12:56 PM   #18
Nubi

QuoteOriginally posted by Marc Sabatella Quote
It's not. But preference in UI is a personal thing. Some people may love a given interface, others may hate it. Many people love LR's interface and find it very intuitive, but as is always the case with any program, including Aperture, others may feel differently.

Should be a very simple matter of conslting the web site to find out if the K-7 is a supported model for that version. Presumably, their web site would tell you it isn't for the version you have. It's pretty normal for olders versions fo programs to not support newer cameras. Often updates are released, and it's possible an update for your version would add K-7support, but I understand Aperture is very very slow about supporting Pentax cameras.

Thanks, Marc.

The thing was that I started out with Aperture 1/K10D, and then moved on to K20D, then to Aperture 2/K-7 and had no problems whatsoever until just days ago. I have over 10,000 pictures without ever having problems, and now I do.

Is it the volume???
06-28-2010, 09:14 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Do you have all 10,000 pictures in a single managed library? Yikes. If that's the case that could cause all kinds of issues and it's a wonder you haven't had any until now!

07-04-2010, 01:05 PM   #20
Nubi

QuoteOriginally posted by noahpurdy Quote
Do you have all 10,000 pictures in a single managed library? Yikes. If that's the case that could cause all kinds of issues and it's a wonder you haven't had any until now!

Well, over 10,000 pics, organized into about 200 "projects." So on average 500 pics per projects.

I have to say that switching to lightroom 3 has not been that difficult. It is delightful to use, rather intuitive, and I love the tone curve function. I can see that I will be using photoshop much less.

I doubt I am going back to Aperture.