Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-27-2010, 04:27 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos view fine on camera, but when uploaded have color casts.

Here is my issue. The screen shot might say it all. The casting changes color also, and it doesn't happen on every photo. Corrupt card?

Attached Images

06-27-2010, 04:58 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Original Poster
***update I formatted the card and shot some around the room on RAW+, it seems like only the raw images are doing it, and happening about 90% of the time.
06-27-2010, 05:21 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
What the ISO was?
06-27-2010, 06:12 PM   #4
Veteran Member

As you seem to be shooting in Raw, the software could be interpreting a different colour temperature than was selected by the camera when the photo was taken. The camera, and preview sofware may be using the embedded JPG photo for display.

If this is correct, you should be able to open your Raw processing software and adjust the colour temperature to a value that you think is correct.

I also don't think that it is the card. A corrupt card would probably yield different errors.

06-27-2010, 06:18 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Your software is selecting the incorrect white balance. Camera auto-white-balance got it right for producing RAW-embedded jpeg. White balance in RAW files is easy and non-destructive to fix.
06-27-2010, 08:17 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Looks like more than a difference in opinion on WB - looks like whatever program you are using to display your RAW images simply doesn't support the camera you are using correctly. Does it claim to support your camera?
06-27-2010, 09:35 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Marc Sabatella Quote
Looks like more than a difference in opinion on WB - looks like whatever program you are using to display your RAW images simply doesn't support the camera you are using correctly.
This. I had the same issue (different software) but an update to the latest fixed it.
06-27-2010, 10:15 PM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Marc Sabatella Quote
Looks like more than a difference in opinion on WB - looks like whatever program you are using to display your RAW images simply doesn't support the camera you are using correctly. Does it claim to support your camera?
Marc is on the ball here. Before iPhoto and Aperture had support for the files mine would look like this too. Some would turn out, other times it would do exactly what you are seeing. Picasa also messes this up if you accidentally try to import a RAW.