Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-27-2010, 09:40 PM   #1

KX Raw Image Issue

Hi everyone, I was hoping that you all could help me with an issue im having with my newly purchased KX (used hear on the forums).

All is well when I shoot JPG. however when I shoot raw DNG or PEF I get a sliver of pink noise on the right and edge of the frame. However when edited with software that comes with the camera the sliver of pink disappears.

Is this normal? My k20 never did this. Please help.

06-27-2010, 10:18 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by thezcarguy Quote
Hi everyone, I was hoping that you all could help me with an issue im having with my newly purchased KX (used hear on the forums).

All is well when I shoot JPG. however when I shoot raw DNG or PEF I get a sliver of pink noise on the right and edge of the frame. However when edited with software that comes with the camera the sliver of pink disappears.

Is this normal? My k20 never did this. Please help.
Picasa's DNG previews (I use Picasa to sort my RAW files - very nice to be able to see them at full size without processing them, lets me cull them really quickly before I start processing) have this exact thing for my K-x (and never did for my K10). It's just some artifact where whatever you're using to view is going, "Ak-can't decipher this!" Don't let it worry you
06-28-2010, 08:19 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-dslr-discussion/77534-k-x-dng-outp...-band-rhs.html

It's normal.

It usually gets cropped out automatically by your RAW processor - eg the latest Picasa, FastStone, DCU, and Lightroom do an OK job not displaying all that junk.
06-28-2010, 09:10 AM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks for the replys guys!