Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-03-2010, 08:41 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I've merged the two almost identical trhreads you started on this topic. Note if you don't like how you worded a question when you first ask, you can always edit your post - there is an edit button right below each of your psots. No need to start over with a new thread.

07-03-2010, 11:06 AM   #17
music_lover

QuoteOriginally posted by Marc Sabatella Quote
I've merged the two almost identical trhreads you started on this topic. Note if you don't like how you worded a question when you first ask, you can always edit your post - there is an edit button right below each of your psots. No need to start over with a new thread.
WELL I DIDN'T EXACTLY APPRECIATE THAT RUDENESS, AS THE ONE WAS TO BE ANSWERED BY A B&H SPECIALCED

Last edited by music_lover; 07-03-2010 at 01:51 PM.
07-03-2010, 12:06 PM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kricha6431 Quote
I will ask you very nicely to put things back like they were. or just don't ever respond to my qoutes again We can be friends or we can be enemys, BUT YOU SIR HAVE ANGERED ME
By your post count, I expect you are a newb on this forum.

You are yelling at one of the most helpfull, and level headed moderators on the board.

You now have some advice regarding removal of the SD card from the K-7.

Maybe your next question should be how to get your foot out of your mouth.
07-03-2010, 12:14 PM   #19
music_lover

QuoteOriginally posted by KungPOW Quote
By your post count, I expect you are a newb on this forum.

You are yelling at one of the most helpfull, and level headed moderators on the board.

You now have some advice regarding removal of the SD card from the K-7.

Maybe your next question should be how to get your foot out of your mouth.
MY FOOT is not in my mouth

Last edited by music_lover; 07-03-2010 at 01:52 PM.
07-03-2010, 12:31 PM   #20
Pentaxian

I've been looking at upgrading to the K7 from my K10. While the memory card door is not a concern it is not nearly as well built as the K10 in this regard.

Tom G
07-03-2010, 02:26 PM   #21
Pentaxian

Actually, you posted two almost identical threads in *this* forum - the DSLR forum - and those are the two I merged. Then *after* that, you posted a *third* almost identical post in the B&H forum. That's just not how this site (or indeed most forum sites) works. Duplicate and cross postings are frowned upon. The normal way to do things is to pick one forum for a question - the one most appropriate for the question - and ask it once there. If a moderator feels a different forum would be more appropriate, he may at his discretion move it. But you should not normally be posting two - or in this case *three* - copies of the same question.

Between the DSLR forum and the B&H forum, I feel the DSLR forum is *by far* the more appropriate place to have asked, and I suspect everyone reading this will agree. The question has nothing in particular to do with B&H, and it's not a question they would have any more insight into than anyone who has actually used the camera regularly. So it's just not the sort of question that needs to be posted there. That's why that forum is set up in such a way that *all* posts there have to first be "approved": to cut down the number of inappropriate posts there for the B&H people (who are doing us a very large favor in even offering such a forum) to have to answer. Normally we leave these decisions up to the B&H folks, but in this case, because you had already double-posted your question and were now posting it a third time, I decided not to approve that post. Sorry if you find this rude, but one of the roles of the moderators is to keep the site from becoming cluttered with identical threads.

So, bottom line: this (DSLR) forum is the more appropriate place to ask this type question. It's better for you to get the opinions of more people who have actually used the camera, and it's better for B&H not to have to spend their time answering questions better answered by others. Win/win. I'm not saying we will never allow a question to be psoted both to the B&H forum and elsewhere, but in this case, especially given you had *already* double posted and were now on your third post, I took the action I felt appropriate.

But I will say that the B&H forum is very new, and the "rules" have not really been established. That's why I'm posting this publicly, so people know some of the thinking that's going on here. Also, because you brought it up publicly, so I'm responding publicly.
07-03-2010, 02:49 PM   #22
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
WELL I DIDN'T EXACTLY APPRECIATE THAT RUDENESS, AS THE ONE WAS TO BE ANSWERED BY A B&H SPECIALCED I will ask you very nicely to put things back like they were. or just don't ever respond to my qoutes again We can be friends or we can be enemys, BUT YOU SIR HAVE ANGERED ME
MY FOOT is not in my mouth
Really? Wow.. How many friends do you think you made with THAT posting?

:brother:
Closed Thread