Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-20-2010, 10:41 AM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Aristophanes Quote
"Give me a needle instead of LSD".
I'll take both, thanks.

Q: Are you allergic to any drugs?
A: Dunno, I haven't tried them all yet.

But back to needles. Needle-meters are delicate and not-cheap and inaccurate and lots of fun. If I want a good needling, I must grab one of my 'advanced' M42 SLRs (Chinon, Fuji, Praktica) and burn film. Match-needle RF's were a great joy in earlier decades. They sure beat waving a Sekonic or Weston meter around hopefully. OK, so let's start a pressure campaign for Pentoya: GIVE ME THE NEEDLE!

07-20-2010, 01:15 PM   #17

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Unfortunately a needle is likely more expensive than an LCD nowadays! However, something like that would be very nice. Pentax should make a K1000D, with a non-crippled mount, split-screen viewfinder, MF and manual exposure.
Isn't that just a K1000 and a negative scanner? It would probably be cheaper too.
07-20-2010, 01:32 PM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

A needle could be created using LCD technology so that the needle overlays the image. The problem with the K10d I have is that in bright sunlight the green LED thingies on the bottom are virtually invisible. I loved the double needle in my KX (the real one, not the digital) where a blue transparent wide needle showed the shutter speed and the black one how far off the exposure was. The KX also had a periscope to display the aperture in a window above the view screen. It fell down when any accessory moved the aperture ring away from the mount, but was still a great help.
07-20-2010, 01:48 PM   #19
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote

But back to needles. Needle-meters are delicate and not-cheap and inaccurate and lots of fun...
My Ricoh XR7 has a LCD "needle" that is robust, cheap, and accurate, but not very visible in low light.

Steve

07-20-2010, 03:22 PM   #20
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
When wearing glasses plus clip on sunglasses, I can't get my eye close enough to the finder to see any information routinely, so it doesn't matter.