Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-05-2010, 03:35 AM   #1

K7 custom image settings reset

I want to just up the contrast and saturation a bit when shooting jpegs on my K7. I have been fiddling with some of the custom image settings a bit. I have a couple of questions.

1. Is there any way to create your own custom profile or do you just have to adjust one of the pentax inbuilt ones?

2. Is there any way to reset the provided custom image profiles back to their original settings after adjusting them?

3. If the answer to question 2 is no, then can someone please tell me the default settings for the sliders on the bright profile

07-05-2010, 07:17 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Do you have an Operating Manual? It will answer all your questions.
07-05-2010, 07:47 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My JPG producer is set at Natural and everything is zero'd. The default for the Sharpness (bottom slider), is 1 tic below zero. When set at default, the sliders will be green so you can find them. I believe that if you do a reset in the menu (setup menu 3) it will restore factory defaults. Be aware that it resets Everything.

07-05-2010, 05:16 PM   #4
Site Supporter

BGH, Ahab is right, dig out your manual and look on page 207. You can change just about anything to your satisfaction, and store it under USER. Yes, they can all be reset to factory default. It is quite a list, so have fun.

07-08-2010, 02:37 AM   #5
BGH

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ahab Quote
Do you have an Operating Manual? It will answer all your questions.
Yes I have the manual, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to answer all of my questions as you suggest.

If I do adjust one of the Pentax supplied custom image modes and then save it as my user settings, correct me if I am wrong, but dont I have to have the mode dial set to user in order to use those settings?

What if I want to just bump up the contrast, saturation and sharpness a bit and then shoot something with shutter priority before shooting something else with apature priority while retaining my desired contrast/saturation/sharpness settings. Is that possible?

Also it doesn't say how to reset the original custom image profiles. I can reset the user settings but that does not set the pre-set custom image profiles back to their defaults. While messing around with the settings I have changed the sliders quite a bit and just want them set back to their original positions. Is there any way to do that?
07-11-2010, 03:02 AM   #6
BGH

Original Poster
Guess I will just try re-flashing the firmware, maybe that will reset the custom image settings back to their defaults.
07-16-2010, 05:46 PM   #7
Site Supporter

BGH, Sorry I didn't get back to this thread. To change exposure mode while in USER go to page 209, to reset the camera to factory defaults go to page 290. The book is the best source of information, true you do have to dig a little. But most everything is there. If you change exposure mode while in USER pay attention to the caution on step three, the mode you changed to will be gone if you turn off the camera and will go back to whatever you had saved in USER. Again good luck.