Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-14-2007, 05:44 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Some weird A/F problem with K10D/D BG-2/Tamron 18-250m DiII ???

Hi all,

I've been noticing some weird auto-focusing anomalies/problems lately with my new Pentax K10D body, D BG-2 grip and Tamron 18mm - 250mm DiII lens. With the camera in Green (Auto) mode, the K10D 'AF point switching dial' is normally set to either Auto or Centre and the D BG-2 grip is attached to the camera with batteries in both body and grip. If the camera is switched ON I initially half-depress the shutter button on the main body, the AF square lights up red and the lens focuses. However if I lift my finger off the shutter and then half-depress the shutter button again to recompose, NOTHING happens ! It's as if something freezes or locks-up internally ? What I did notice the last time I used the camera was that the shutter-release on the D BG-2 grip had somehow been inadvertently switched ON without me noticing !! Turning the shutter-release switch on the D BG-2 grip to the OFF position immediately cured the problem !!!! I thought that it was o.k. to have BOTH shutter-releases switched ON at the same time and to simply select the one on the body or grip as required (when shooting landscape or portrait mode respectively). I have set the battery select option to exhaust the battery in the grip first and then to switch over to the battery in the body if required. If I have missed something 'obvious' or made a 'stupid mistake' (it's not entirely unknown !), I'm prepared for the ear-bashing that will inevitably follow.......any thoughts on this matter would be gratefully received !!

With kindest regards
Richard