Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-14-2007, 05:51 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
New to forum DSLR question

Hi All. I just ordered my k100D. I have a 1982 ME SUPER. I have several lenses. My current digital camera is made by Olympus and has less mega pixels than my cell phone camera. I chose the k100D for price but also I can use my old lenses.

Question; If my old lenses have a manual focus how does the cameras auto focus work?

08-14-2007, 06:01 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It doesn't. You just keep manually focussing.
08-14-2007, 06:35 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Move the little AF/MF switch to MF. Don't forget to do that.

You won't break anything if you don't, but you'll be wondering why you can't get the shutter to work most of the time.

The K100D handles old manual focus lenses just fine. Practically everything I shoot with my K100D is with the old M42 screwmount lenses from the 1960s.

If you'll be using manual focus a lot, you will probably want to change out the matte focus screen and install an old-fashioned split-prism screen instead. (Makes manual focusing more faster and more accurate). Fortunately, this can be done easily and cheaply. Lots of info right here on the forum already typed up on it.
08-14-2007, 06:38 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Or you could possibly try calling the 'Magic Circle' for assistance, but that would only qualify as 'Hocus-Pocus' as opposed to 'Auto-Focus'.......I know, it's late but I couldn't resist. Nighty night,

Best regards
Richard

08-14-2007, 07:57 PM   #5

QuoteOriginally posted by Confused Quote
Or you could possibly try calling the 'Magic Circle' for assistance, but that would only qualify as 'Hocus-Pocus' as opposed to 'Auto-Focus'.......I know, it's late but I couldn't resist. Nighty night,

Best regards
Richard
Richard, was it good wine?