Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-07-2010, 12:44 AM   #1

*istDL DOF Preview not working & Slow flash pop up.

Anyone else had trouble with the *istDL DOF preview not working, sounds like the arpeture works, but nothing else happens.
Shutter does not fire etc, and no display on the screen.
Not a big problem as I don't use it much, just curious to see if anyone else has had the same problem.
While I'm at it, the flash is lethargic popping up, command it up and it arises about 15 sec later :ugh:

07-07-2010, 02:58 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sounds like a battery or a lens mounting problem to me- either that, or something's broken inside your camera.
07-07-2010, 07:05 AM   #3
Banned

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by auspentax Quote
Anyone else had trouble with the *istDL DOF preview not working, sounds like the arpeture works, but nothing else happens.
Shutter does not fire etc, and no display on the screen.
Not a big problem as I don't use it much, just curious to see if anyone else has had the same problem.
While I'm at it, the flash is lethargic popping up, command it up and it arises about 15 sec later :ugh:
DOF preview is only viewable thru the viewfinder on this camera, it's not shown on the LCD. Also, the shutter won't fire while checking DOF (you really should RTFM). No idea why the flash would pop up slowly, perhaps it got bumped somehow and it's mis-aligned??
07-07-2010, 07:07 AM   #4

Original Poster
Mmmm, feeling very stupid now
Been using the K100D & *ist for differnet things and you sort of forget which one is which after a while.
Begin to figure most things are the same, but not quite !
Been going through the custom menus trying to work out the difference is between the two.
Pretty obvious when it dawns on you....*istDL only does the optical preview in the viewfinder and not digital like the K100D.
Cause I use them all the time I would have bet money the *ist did the digital preview ...not the case

Might also have helped if I read the manual too ! Real men don't read instructions do they ???