Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-28-2007, 08:02 PM   #16
Forum Member

Original Poster
Split Focus Screen Update

Hi all,

Got this e-mail the other day from jinfinance @ e-bay. Thought this was very cool.

"how is it going.. This is R.J. I was totally not aware of the 'back focus' issue you have util just now another buyer forwarded me you posted on the Pentax Forum. Have beening selling the split screens for 3 months now, and interestingly enough, starting from 2 weeks ago I am getting 2 reports about the 'back issues'. yours will be the 3rd one.. Had no problems with 'back focus'. don't know exactly why and how so.. but I have therefore made the hot-shoe shaped plastics shim to made up for the 0.07mm. And I already offered it with the screen 10 days ago. And I would like to send a few to you, if you would give it a try ?

Actually, the other thing you might try (if you still have the 'optic tape' which wraps the screen) is to slice 2 thin pieces off it, and attached to the two sides of the screen. the tape is just about 0.07mm thick..)

best...

R.J.

A vendor's listening and taking action....very, very cool.....

Chuck

09-03-2007, 12:37 PM   #17

Photos: Gallery
I second that re the vendor.

I was one of the three people mentionned in chuck's post. Anyway I had to try three times before it worked. The first time without the supplied plastic shin. The second time, the plastic shin was probably not very well aligned and the latch was hard to close and as a result the focus was completely off. But I was lucky the third time and it works fine as far as I can tell: the green light is on when lines are aligned in the split screen. here's some visual steps it's in chinese but clear enough for me (NB in image No6, the "pliers" are pulling towards the outside):

焦點工坊--PENTAX K100D 對焦屏安裝教學--

Also I prefer to keep the camera upside down all the time keeping the latch opened with my left hand (and an appropriate tool) whilst I do the manipuplations with the right hand. I must say it's not difficult but definately not for the faint hearted (I'm borderline...).

M.
09-06-2007, 05:16 PM   #18
Forum Member

Original Poster
Follow Up on Split Focus Screen

Hi All,

Just got my shims from jinfinance a.k.a. RJ Camera on e-bay.

Very Cool!

No reason to try them since evrythings goood!!

Chuck
09-17-2007, 02:21 PM   #19

Photos: Gallery
Does anybody know on which side the shim should go?