Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-29-2006, 12:44 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Manual focus lens and K10D

Hi,
Am I doing this right? When using an old screw or K mount lens I set the mode to "P", pick the aperture I want, focus until I get a green light and beep. No need to do anything else because the shutter speed is automatically selected. This seems to work but I keep reading you must push the green button for stop down metering?
regards,
Ken

11-29-2006, 01:04 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
With the screw mount lenses, yes.

With K and M lenses, it shoots the lens wide open using your method. You need to press the green button to stop it down (and shoot in M mode, too.) It is actually a little better implimentation than on the other models because the button is right next to the shutter.

This is one of the reasons why I started buying the old Takumars. I keep on buying them because they're awesome.
11-29-2006, 01:19 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks!!! So with the K mount "A" lenses if I have it set to "A" and P mode, all I have to do is focus?

Regards,
Ken
11-29-2006, 01:32 PM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by regken Quote
Thanks!!! So with the K mount "A" lenses if I have it set to "A" and P mode, all I have to do is focus?

Regards,
Ken
Yup - with A, FA, and DFA lenses set to the 'A' position you can control the aperture fully in P mode.

11-29-2006, 02:06 PM   #5
Ole
Administrator

QuoteOriginally posted by regken Quote
Hi,
Am I doing this right? When using an old screw or K mount lens I set the mode to "P", pick the aperture I want, focus until I get a green light and beep. No need to do anything else because the shutter speed is automatically selected. This seems to work but I keep reading you must push the green button for stop down metering?
regards,
Ken
Make sure the lens is set to manual aparture or else you'll be shooting wide open.
11-29-2006, 03:23 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks Ole!
Just one more little detail I missed. This thing is much easier to use than I ever hoped for. Now if the weather will turn to something other than flat gray I might be able to get some good shots.
Regards,
ken