Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-16-2010, 01:39 AM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kytra Quote
Guys, get real, just look at this guy's setup - he is the one garyk is referring to...

Philip Tang
That's a high-end Pro-Grade setup (with a seriously Pro-Grade cost , I'm sure)

The average Pentax user just isn't in that kind of territory.
Maybe Mark Dimalanta...

07-16-2010, 07:03 AM   #17
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Let me tell you this. I have been out with some of the guys with glass that is the cats meow.And bodys that will grab a bird and shoot him almost effortless.

Buttttt I have also noted that if you have good equipment. That is a body like the K-7 and exceptional lens that is light enough to get around. Like the sigma 300mm f2.8. The Sigma 500mm f4.5 which is the finest small light supertelephoto i have had the pleasure to use. Don't ever think sigma is second class. You have the advantage I think.... These guys have to drive there trucks close to the sites then struggle to get set up. It is aganizing to watch. Now after set up, when the bird appears they can devistate it. But for fast reliable and good, sometimes excellent shots. The K-7 and exelent glass has a deffinate advantage. After shooting with some of the guys that bring a rig that costs more than there truck. I am always in aw, but not aw struck. I would not trade with them.
I think i am getting off the OP subject....

Last edited by garyk; 07-16-2010 at 07:12 AM.