Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-15-2010, 11:50 AM   #16

Photos: Albums
For me the k7 could be an interesting upgrade if you have sufficient budget because have many interesting feautures or eventually an k-x for better performance on high iso despite the body is an entry level.
Or wait the upgrade so the k7 cost even less.

07-15-2010, 02:55 PM   #17

Photos: Albums
I also have been shooting with the K10 for 3 1/2 years. Love that camera. I have enough money saved from recent photo shoots to upgrade and have wondered which to upgrade to myself. I love the size of my K10 and love that the K20 is the same size. I have concerns with reading that the K20 does better at higher ISO's than the K7. I'm concerned with switchign from the K10 to the K7 and not finding the controls and buttons at the same spot. So, I think I will wait a few months, keep enjoying my K10 and see what Pentax comes out with hopefully this fall.
07-15-2010, 03:34 PM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Tom

For you I think it is k7 or next generation to take advantage of improved
Metering with your old lenses
07-15-2010, 03:36 PM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
Lowell, do you have an impression of how the newer metering affects the use of aftermarket screens? I'm still using the stock one, and as I get to know the centerweighted pattern, mostly only use the matrix metering when I can't actually see or under other select conditions. (The way I do things is usually to correct by eye or grab an AE-L where it'll feed the camera the right exposure. I still read the light by eye, though it's a lot more relative with age. People used to check their meters by asking me 'What's the exposure on this wall?' These days, I usually need a reading to calibrate myself.)

If I go back to the really-snowy north I might really want the spot metering again, too, which isn't a common need down here for me.
tough for me to say. I have an aftermarket screen in my k10 but use the k7 as an af body for the moment

07-15-2010, 04:52 PM   #20
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
Tom

For you I think it is k7 or next generation to take advantage of improved
Metering with your old lenses
Thanks Lowell,

I think you are right.

Tom G
07-16-2010, 09:13 AM   #21
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by DogLover Quote
You didn't ask me, I know, but I thought I could contribute anyway. I recently had a KatzEye with the optibrite treatment installed on my K7 and have found that it doesn't affect the metering whatsoever. I believe that is KatzEye's official directive, also. If I'm not mistaken, they say that it ( a screen w/ optibrite) could affect metering on some bodies, but that it shouldn't on a K7. I'm sure that Rachel at KatzEye would be more than happy to give you personal guidance on this. BTW, I love my screen and I'm really glad I got the optibrite. If one can't focus well with this screen, one may have to give up photography!
I'm also a big fan of the KatzEye screen. I got mine with optibright as well. This is one of the main reasons the K20 holds such appeal for me. I can switch my KatzEye between the two bodies for manual focus. I suspect I shall dedicate one of my cameras to manual focus only duty whether I opt for the K20, K7 or the next generation.

Tom G