Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-19-2010, 02:52 PM   #31

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
As you can see i' m only a new member of this site, someone of you had reply me in a correct way. Other one had reply to me like an enemy, or the pure evil. I' m sorry if you love this brand like your mother or your wife you' ve got some problem. You' re foolish fanatic.
Someone had reply to my inappropriate consideration but in a gentle and professional way, other attacked me. This is a forum not a dictatorship.

07-19-2010, 03:12 PM   #32

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by JHD Quote
If you're bailing out, got any lenses you want to sell?
Also in this group.
07-19-2010, 03:17 PM   #33

QuoteOriginally posted by pov17 Quote
Oh god I' ll never sell my lens. Stop. I was only angry beacuse yesterday night I was shooting in Milan for work and my AF went crazy and I blame some minor divinity for this. The day after a canonian, my friend, tried to make me a brianwash. Now that is day (with light sun and fantastic flying unicorns) i like my lens, my camera and all the things about that.

I don' t sell my lens
Shucks, too quick a recovery from canikon hangover
07-19-2010, 03:31 PM   #34

Original Poster
It was only a supposition not a manace

07-19-2010, 03:38 PM   #35
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I' m very preoccupied about pentax' progress about dslr. I' ve got a K20d, i tried the K7, there is no difference ( except a ridicolous movie mode and some little upgrade), the same sensor a similar af sistem and the same low iso noise.
I don' t demand too much, i just want a DSLR with a performance in-line with other brands' semi-pro DSLR (300s e D50), not a 5d neither a D3x, only a good camera with good performance but the hoya\pentax seems only intrested to find a new color chassis for its entry level DSLR.

I' ve got no hope. If pentax will not change I' ve got to change system

PS. Sorry for my english
So long Sporty!!

07-19-2010, 05:50 PM   #36

As you can see i' m only a new member of this site, someone of you had reply me in a correct way. Other one had reply to me like an enemy, or the pure evil. I' m sorry if you love this brand like your mother or your wife you' ve got some problem. You' re foolish fanatic.
Someone had reply to my inappropriate consideration but in a gentle and professional way, other attacked me. This is a forum not a dictatorship.
I think people are just playing with you Or well, some people could just read the title of this thread and never bother reading all the replies before posting. So, take it easy!
07-19-2010, 05:59 PM   #37
Forum Member

erm... pentax is probably the most approachable system for consumers not shooting for Sports Illustrated. At the price range of a k7 + excellent primes, you won't find much better.

07-19-2010, 06:46 PM   #38
Veteran Member

Photokina should be showing some nice Pentax stuff, I just invested in some Canon gear and it cost probably 5x my Pentax gear, funny thing is I still pickup my Pentax bag when I head out the door. I just know when Ned's not posting on his blog usually something is coming and the longer he doesn't post, the bigger the announcement. Pentax 645D is my next purchase for Xmas, Leica is for my up coming burthday, OP you should stick around what you seek might show up in September
07-19-2010, 07:16 PM   #39
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Many thanks I' m curious
A slightly cheaper alternative but better than the ebay type is from:

Focusing Screen

THese are good screens and I have had them on my K20 and now my K7. Use the K3 (Nikon type), ver bright too.
07-20-2010, 01:07 AM   #40

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
I think people are just playing with you Or well, some people could just read the title of this thread and never bother reading all the replies before posting. So, take it easy!
Ah ok, if it is something like a joke it's ok
07-20-2010, 01:20 AM   #41
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Surely go ahead and change system. My understanding that you're not heavily and deeply invested, so at worst you will loose few bills of your own currency. Big deal?!

If you think that D300s or 50D do it for you - by all means go ahead and use them.

Or you're too attached to your Pentax gear for some reason? I sincerely hope it is not the case.

I' m very preoccupied about pentax' progress about dslr. I' ve got a K20d, i tried the K7, there is no difference ( except a ridicolous movie mode and some little upgrade), the same sensor a similar af sistem and the same low iso noise.
I don' t demand too much, i just want a DSLR with a performance in-line with other brands' semi-pro DSLR (300s e D50), not a 5d neither a D3x, only a good camera with good performance but the hoya\pentax seems only intrested to find a new color chassis for its entry level DSLR.

PS. Sorry for my english
07-20-2010, 02:19 AM   #42

Original Poster
No i' m not so deeply invested, I' ve got only a DA12-24mm an smcp FA35mm f2 an A50 f1.7 and a shift 28mm f3.5 . But the problem is: i LOVE the feeling with my K20D it seems built around my hand, with the canon i feel bad, and the nikon are too big for the daily use. Often I go shooting in industrial archeology places, always in ruins two times my K20D fall down, and he survived with only one or two scratches. If I had a canikon, toys in light plastic...boh.
I don' t make sport photography or nature haunting. I can accept autofocus haunting, well I' ll use manual, no problem. But if you make street photography , specially in winter when the days are so short sometimes having a better iso performance without compromise the images will be a good thing. I can' t always shooting at f2 sometimes i need more DOF.
07-20-2010, 09:05 AM   #43
Veteran Member

I've been using Pentax since the 80s, went to Canon for digital, then finally came back to Pentax when the k10d was released. The term "The grass is always greener" tends to apply to camera bodies and companies, as I don't know that you will be happier with a Canon body in the long run.

When I upgraded to the K7, I was expecting more, and decided to sell it and just use a K20d. I quickly realized I had made a mistake and ended up with a K7 once again. On paper, I don't think there is all that much difference in the sensor, but after using the camera for a while, I no longer am satisfied with the results I get with the k20d.

PS. Sorry for my english
07-20-2010, 09:55 AM   #44

Original Poster
I' ll go in a shop for a try, unfortunatly here in italy pentax is not diffuse
07-21-2010, 09:58 AM   #45
Inactive Account

having a better iso performance without compromise the images will be a good thing. I can' t always shooting at f2 sometimes i need more DOF.
the pentax kx is way better than the 550d, the 50d and the d300 at high ISO

see for yourself
Imaging Resource "Comparometer" ™ Digital Camera Image Comparison Page