Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-21-2007, 09:21 AM   #16

So how do you meter with the KatzEye? Is evaluative metering available for the k100d?
having a hard time focusing with MF on the k100d.. that's why i still use my k1000 most of the times..

08-23-2007, 10:19 AM   #17
Forum Member

So, on that note - I love split-screen focusing, but I also use the spot meter almost exclusively on the K10D. Are there any split-screen focusing screens that allow for spot-metering w/ the K10D?

!c
08-28-2007, 05:47 AM   #18

I'm just about to order the Katz-eye split prism screen for my trusty K100D :-)
And I'm thinking of going with standard (clear) screen - i.e. without any lines or Pentax AF lines on the screen. I'd apreciate some input on how do You prefer Your Katzeye screen - with or without additional lines and why?

Thanks,
Bostjan
08-30-2007, 04:44 PM   #19
Veteran Member

KartzEye and Spot Metering with K10

Interesting... I installed the KatzEye in my K10 and didn't really think about other settings. I normally keep it set on spot and just finished a live theatre shoot (stage lighting and black sets) and a bunch of "still lifes" for eBay listings and insurance documentaton. Exposure was fine in both cases -- certainly within the tolerance I was getting with the stock screen. FA35 for theatre and Tamron 28-75 for the rest. Haven't tried it with a longer lens or with a slower lens so mileage may vary!

QuoteOriginally posted by roscot Quote
Hi Bob,
I've had a Katz Eye on my DS for a couple of years. It certainly does make a huge difference in manual focusing. The one drawback I found was you can't use spot metering with it. Exposure was way off. I did not put one in my K10 for this reason, (and the fact most of my lenses are now AF). Have you tried spot metering with the new screen yet? I'd be interested to know if that issue has been resolved.

Thanks