Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-30-2010, 03:51 PM   #46

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ira Quote
No you want. Ridiculous:

When you shoot in RAW, it doesn't matter how your WB is set--you can easily and perfectly adjust when you open the file. Plus, auto WB even in JPEG only mode works damn good--and you can easily adjust THAT to your liking.

It might not be something you're used to working with, but it's no big deal at all. And it will open a whole new world of opportunities for you.
I'm not worried about white balance. I have always used automatic on my P&S. I've never shot in RAW, my P&S doesn't support it. My new K-x does, of course, but I've only taken around 25 shots so far, all the default (JPG), and they've been coming out around 5.5 MB. Is that maximum size for JPGs with thie 12.4 MP sensor? I suppose so. One of my next experiments will be shooting burst mode. Do I just hold down the shutter release button?

07-30-2010, 04:01 PM   #47
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Muse Quote
I'm not worried about white balance. I have always used automatic on my P&S. I've never shot in RAW, my P&S doesn't support it. My new K-x does, of course, but I've only taken around 25 shots so far, all the default (JPG), and they've been coming out around 5.5 MB. Is that maximum size for JPGs with thie 12.4 MP sensor? I suppose so. One of my next experiments will be shooting burst mode. Do I just hold down the shutter release button?
It depends on what is in the photo (file size). I've seen mine (14+Mp) range by as much as 3Mb. It also depends on what settings you have set (JPG quality).

07-30-2010, 06:34 PM   #48

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by redeleon Quote
read the manual.
be with your manual for a day.

it works wonders for me
I even read it during when the time duty calls for the toilet.
makes a good bathroom book
I'm trying to get into the manual now. Being a DSLR newbie I'm wanting to go to the links very frequently, which is tiresome because I have to find the page, find my way back, etc. So, I figure I'll try the PDF version. However, I'm having a problem:

My laptop's running version 9.3.3 of Adobe Acrobat Reader. The printed manual has facing pages, of course. I'm looking at page 18 and 19 right now, facing pages. The default view in AAR is single page, and I want to see facing pages because they are set up in the manual to be complimentary. IOW, page 18 makes more sense if you can see page 19 next to it and vice versa. In AAR's View menu, there's an item Page Display and in its submenu are Two Up and Two Up Continuous. The thing is that AAR has page 17 opposite page 18, then page 19 opposite page 20, but that's all wrong. That's the opposite of how it is in the printed manual. I don't see a way to make the correct pairing happen. Is there some way I can do that?
07-30-2010, 08:26 PM   #49
Inactive Account

I just scroll. Then again, I'm viewing at something like 125% so I can read the damn thing. I don't find it inconvenient but that's just me I guess.

07-30-2010, 08:59 PM   #50

Original Poster
Well, maybe for most of the manual it wouldn't strike me as inconvenient either, but for pages 18/19, and a couple of others, they go together because one has pictures of the body and the other has parts shown on the body identified. Anyway, I found a way to change the view that works now. It's odd, but what I did was look for and download a different PDF reader, Foxit, and got it working. Then I found the feature in AAR.

I think that reading the manual on a computer makes total sense because you can click the links and go instantly to the linked page and instantly back by clicking the [<---] button in the toolbar. Then you can go forward to the linked page by clicking the [--->] button. It's very neat. Naturally, I can have the paper manual next to me if I want to look at that, and the camera itself.