Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-26-2010, 10:18 PM   #16
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Nice. It would be great to hear what you think.

07-27-2010, 06:12 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I have a Canon G9 that I bought as a supplement to my K20D, but when the Olympus Pen E-P1 came out, I gave the G9 to my wife and got the Pen. It's a great travel camera and can serve as a standalone travel kit if need be. Indeed, it's the same processor and sensor as the Oly dSLRs so it's no slouch. There's a tad more noise than the K20D, but it's close to the same. Oly has recently released a superzoom in the micro 4/3 format, but the price it too high right now ($600 plus).

Where the MFT cams fall down is on lens prices and on AF speed, but depending on your needs, they can work nicely. I won't give up my Pentax gear, but I'll always keep a micro 4/3 camera to go along with it.
07-27-2010, 06:16 AM   #18
Inactive Account

I took my SLR camera on a two weeks Himalya Trip. In fairness it wasn't a digital SLR since at that point I only owned an analog one. But it was totally worth it. If you only take one or two lenses with you..you should be fine. I kept the camera in its bag in my bagback and got it out for special occasions. And for those pictures you then just love your SLR...and don't want to miss the shots..It needs a bot of planning but you should be fine.