Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-28-2010, 05:47 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
KM waterproof case?

I need to find a waterproof case for my KM (to shoot with, not carrying). Something that is affordably priced would be useful. I did a quick search and the closest thing I noticed was someone recommending a $300 bag that was out of stock. I think I remember reading that Pentax didn't make an actual case for it. So what is the best solution out there?

07-28-2010, 09:59 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I found one here: Amazon.com: Opteka Underwater Case/Housing for Pentax K7, KX, K1000, K2000, K10D, K100D, K20D, K200D, & *ist Digital SLR Cameras: Camera & Photo

You could always also buy a weather-sealed body, such as the K10D/K20D/K-7.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

07-28-2010, 04:51 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
You could always also buy a weather-sealed body, such as the K10D/K20D/K-7.
My camera is only a year old and that takes me out of the affordable range

From what I can find Amazon is like the only place selling those and they're out of stock. Are these underwater shooting bags all that uncommon?
07-29-2010, 12:49 AM   #4
hcc
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by crossmr Quote
I need to find a waterproof case for my KM (to shoot with, not carrying). Something that is affordably priced would be useful. I did a quick search and the closest thing I noticed was someone recommending a $300 bag that was out of stock. I think I remember reading that Pentax didn't make an actual case for it. So what is the best solution out there?
You will not find cheap waterproof case, but you will find some reasonably priced soft bags: the Underwater Housings called DiCAPac (Digital Camera Pack). Here is a link in one Australian shop: DiCAPac Waterproof Underwater Camera cases for Canon, Casio, Fuji, Kodak, Olympus, Panasonic, Pentax and Sony cameras. Adorma.com has them for US$100: DiCAPac - Adorama.com. There mihgt be some cheaper brands...

If you order from Adorama.com or B&H, make sure to use the link from Pentaxforums.com to support the forum.

Last edited by hcc; 07-29-2010 at 12:52 AM. Reason: Typos
07-29-2010, 01:24 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Hmm.. seems the KM doesn't have preview mode which would make using one of these bags a hassle.
certainly not down with the $2000 case I found..
I think I'm sticking with the optio w90 for now