Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
07-30-2010, 07:29 AM   #1

name in metadata

Hello
Is there somone who know, if it is posible to write in my name in Pentax K10 so it will be shown in al my pictures metadata.
Is is posible in Canon. But how do I do in Pentax?
Peem

07-30-2010, 08:06 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
This is only possible in the K7 (EDIT: and Kx).

Last edited by blende8; 07-30-2010 at 08:30 AM.
07-30-2010, 08:15 AM   #3
Veteran Member

You can also do it directly in the K-x too, not just in the K-7...

The other way is via image processing software - like for example Lightroom, or PhotoMe, or IrfanView, or many other software applications that let you edit the EXIF or IPTC metadata of your images.
07-30-2010, 08:20 AM   #4

Photos: Gallery
I was happy to see this in the K-X but it seems to slow down the write time significantly, so much so that I have not used this feature in camera.

07-30-2010, 08:26 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bigdog104 Quote
I was happy to see this in the K-X but it seems to slow down the write time significantly, so much so that I have not used this feature in camera.
That's what it was. Something was slowing down my write time too. I had all of the corrections turned off and didn't even bother o think about the copyright info. Thanks.
07-30-2010, 08:38 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
The other way is via image processing software - like for example Lightroom, or PhotoMe, or IrfanView, or many other software applications that let you edit the EXIF or IPTC metadata of your images.
Many of these programs can be configured to automatically add copyright and contact info while downloading the images from your camera/card. That's how I do it in ACDSee. Or you can run a batch job after import, for images already downloaded.
07-30-2010, 02:33 PM   #7
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
I do the same as Marc, with a wee batch file thingy on Adobe Bridge before going into CS3.

07-30-2010, 03:44 PM - 1 Like   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It's easy to tag Metadata to imges as you download them onto your computer if you use Bridge.

Open Bridge Under the Tools menu click create new Metadata Template. Enter the data you want into the various fields, this can be your name, your copyright notice, your e-mail, your web address. your home address and telephone, anything you want, give the template a name and save.

When you plug your card into the card reader the Bridge dialogue box opens where you can save to two loacations, enter meaningful names for your pics etc. at the bottom of the screen select your saved Metadata from the drop down menu and every image will be tagged with the info you set in the template.

Chris
07-30-2010, 05:10 PM   #9
Veteran Member

I use a free program called Exiftools. It can list or modify all the fields in the metadata, and it can add new fields (like name and copyright date) that aren't there to begin with. With a single command, you could add your name to all the files in a Windows folder.

AFAIK, though, it is only available for Windows, not Mac. It is a command line utility, meaning it doesn't have a nice GUI. If you're not comfortable working with the DOS prompt command line in Windows, it may take some getting used to.
07-31-2010, 06:30 AM   #10

Original Poster
Thank You every one it´s very usefull. I will try it.
Thank again.
08-01-2010, 07:07 AM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by KxBlaze Quote
That's what it was. Something was slowing down my write time too. I had all of the corrections turned off and didn't even bother o think about the copyright info. Thanks.
Really? Wow. I'll have to test this on the K-7 to see if it has a measurable effect.
08-01-2010, 06:12 PM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bigdog104 Quote
Having the distortion and chromatic aberration corrections turned on will no doubt take time for the camera to process, but adding the Photographer Information saved to EXIF feature enabled should not slow the camera down, certainly not on my K-7.