Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-30-2010, 08:33 PM   #1

Pentax K7 Focusing Screen

Hi everyone,I just purchased my camera 2 weeks ago,I really like it,but some thing is really annoying me about it. When I look through the viewfinder,it looks like it has got small spots(glaze) everywhere on it-it doesnt show on the pictures,its noticable especially when the camera is pointed toward the sky.Also it looks like fingerprints on one corner of the picture.Now the viewfinder-lens-mirror-sensor-is completely clean.So in my opinion it can only be the focusing screen,or can it be that I see the coating on the lens?Thanks for any thoughts on it.Also the lens that I have is the kit 18-55WR that came with it.

07-30-2010, 09:08 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
If it doesn't show in the images, I'd be tempted to say it's not the lens.
One question....

Have you tried to adjust the DIOPTER adjuster above the viewfinder?
Many people don't know this, but an out of focus diopter can and will do what you are describing.

Check it out let us know how it goes.
07-30-2010, 10:32 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
You're describing the normal micro-lens pattern on a DSLR focus screen. It's a bit more prominent (and thus effective) on most Pentax DSLR's compared to others, but all have it.
07-30-2010, 10:42 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

The focus screen has a fine texture impressed on it. I suspect this is what you are seeing.

07-31-2010, 10:58 AM   #5

Original Poster
Thank You all for the feedback-really appreciated.