Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-20-2007, 11:36 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Mixed up photo counter with K10D 1.30

I've upgraded my K10D to the latest firmware release (1.30), thank you Pentax. Unfortunatly it seems to contain a bug (well what software doesn't).

I had the strange effect that with an empty 4Gb SHSD card my "pictures to go" counter indicated 277 JPEG images left, with all modes but the green mode, where it should have been 827. The green mode showed 827 as it should. No, I do not have used that card in any other camera. Turning the camera off/on did not help, formatting the card did not help, taking the card out and in did not help.

I could "fix" this problem, by changing the Image format from JPEG to RAW+ and then back again to JPEG. Now its telling me again (in all modes) that I can shoot 827 JPEG's.

In RAW mode you can shoot 244 images and in RAW+ 188 images with 4Gb card, so where it got the idea from that there were only 277 images left, I don't know. Also the K10D did count down the 277 with 1 image with each shot as expected.

Has anyone seen this? Does anyone have had any reliability problems with the image counter before?

08-20-2007, 11:53 AM   #2
Veteran Member

The only issue I've encountered, is when I changed from DNG to PEF, the counter seems to be calibrated for DNG size files, (128 on a 2 gig card). I actually will get somewhere around 165 shots in PEF. I've never shot jpeg, so I can't help you there.
08-21-2007, 06:17 AM   #3
Veteran Member

FWIW I am on v.1.30 and have not had any problems at all.