Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
08-03-2010, 11:35 AM   #16
emr

Thanks, everybody. Especially Bert's charts were useful as they show the European situation. I'm a bit surprised to see how the K20D did not drop significantly at K-7 release.

08-03-2010, 12:02 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Given it had already dropped over 30% before the introduction, it really shouldn't be surprising at all.
08-03-2010, 12:09 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by emr Quote
Thanks, everybody. Especially Bert's charts were useful as they show the European situation. I'm a bit surprised to see how the K20D did not drop significantly at K-7 release.
Those prices seem quite a bit higher than the U.S. prices.
08-03-2010, 12:20 PM   #19
emr

QuoteOriginally posted by GeneV Quote
Those prices seem quite a bit higher than the U.S. prices.
No kidding. That's the story of Europe. Of course there are major factors like tax financed social welfare, cheap or free education etc. but we feel often screwed comparing just the prices. Stuff is usually 20-75% more expensive than in the US. At best the nominal price is the same even though the euro is still a bit more than a dollar and has been, what $1.5?

08-03-2010, 03:13 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Good enuff sales

The problem with pricing on the K7 and Kx is that they are both pretty good cameras for their niche. Once folks look at the price tags of the new models, and compare it to the old cameras, we'll probably find a sizable number of folks that decide K7 and Kx are good enough and continue to buy them enough to hold the price up.

I think why most threads on the rumours forum are fairly positive about the new models, is that Pentax really doesn't have to achieve much in the new cameras to have another successful sales year. A new sensor in the K7 Super, with all the old specs and it would still sell well. A buffed up Kx (and please try to fix the blur at 1/80) and another good year will be had.

(i'd better put my helmet on - incoming from the ff crowd )
08-03-2010, 06:13 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I think the K-x is the new K1000, or could be, seriously. If they just kept making it at the price it's going for or maybe a little less it could keep selling for several years as an excellent entry/student level DSLR. I'm not saying don't improve it, up the MP or whatever, but the K-x is an exceptional camera and I think it has the potential to go for quite a while even if they just let it be. I do think they should tweak it a bit as needed, maybe offer more colors internationally, but then leave it alone otherwise. I think the real work and new intros should be done more on the semi-pro models.
08-03-2010, 06:17 PM   #22

Maybe release a battery grip for the k-x since it does so well as a little k-x companion.