Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-02-2010, 12:05 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
They speak of truth.
With the K10 and K-7, there are no settings that sees the user trying to take a picture in low light and makes the overridng decisions to improve the scene by releasing the flash and lighting for proper exposure. The user must pop up the flash if he/she wants the scene lit with use of a flash.

08-02-2010, 12:09 PM   #17
Ira
Inactive Account

Mind you, I don't care about this auto pop-up feature at all, but some people might.
08-02-2010, 01:04 PM   #18

There's something similar to this I find a bit "annoying";

When the 360 or 540 are mounted (and turned on) there's no way to take a picture without having the flash firing. To turn mounted ext. flash off I have to remove my eye from the viewfinder.
I hope Pentax someday releases "a trick" (buttonpress of some kind) that ables me to make the next shot flash-less even if the flash is up (or a ext. flash mounted and on).
08-02-2010, 01:08 PM   #19
Administrator
Site Webmaster

The K-x has an electronic flash release button, while the K-7 a mechanical one. That's why the K-7's has to be opened when you want it to fire, while that on the K-x will open automatically in green mode.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-02-2010, 01:23 PM   #20
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Ira Quote
I have that control with my k-x, with the ability to NOT have it pop up automatically if I don't want.

So I think the K-x designers rightly assumed something better.
Ira, you are not getting it. The K-7 has no auto pop-up. Period.
08-02-2010, 02:51 PM   #21
Ira
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by ully Quote
Ira, you are not getting it. The K-7 has no auto pop-up. Period.
I think that if you read my above posts, you'll see that I pretty much understand this now. And I just think that's bad design.

Aren't you getting it?