Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-03-2010, 07:58 AM   #1

*ist DL mode dial problem?

Hey folks.

I've had this camera for about half a year now, a camera that I bought secondhand. However, lately the "mode dial" wheel has behaving a little strangely. As far as I know, I haven't done anything wrong. Firmware flash and total reset, the problem still lingers. Here's how:

I use an older fixed mount 135mm lens, but this seem to be regardless. Sometimes, when I start up the camera, it says it's in "Flash OFF mode". And sure, the flash is set the way I want it to: manual discharge, and it pops out of the mode if I pop up the flash. I know it maker sense but it's never behaved this way before. Upon powering up, regardless if it actuelly goes into Av or this "Flash OFF mode", there's a "no flash" sign on the LCD on top. Secondly, with an older K lens I could use Av or M --I cannot for the life of me get the thing into M mode anymore. It's either Bulb or Av. What's wrong?

Now please, if anyone know anything about this, I'd be very, very grateful!

I can't thing of any more details to give, really. I've tried the AF kitlens but it doesn't help. Needless to say, the camera works perfectly except for this, it still takes beautiful pictures!

10-03-2010, 12:32 PM   #2
Site Supporter

My istD has occasional mode dial problems also. It will select wrong function, or more often not select desired function. I think the dial contacts wear over time. If I rotate the dial back and forth a few times and carefuly slip the dial to the desired mode, it stops malfunctioning temporarily, but I don't have a permanent fix except to have it serviced.