Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Like Avis rent a car, "we try harder"!

Regards,

09-07-2012, 09:09 AM   #1847
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Not a camera sighting but I recently noticed that LPGA professional golfer Natalie Gulbis wears a Pentax branding on her cap during tournaments. That means she is sponsored by the company, so they are doing a little bit of advertising on a TV venue. Of course, she also wears a Canon logo on her shirt - just to cover all the bases.
09-07-2012, 05:47 PM   #1848
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Cybersetan Quote
I'm actually Malaysian (Sabahan to be exact). I just happen to be studying in Bangalore.
I brought the camera into India from Malaysia.

There are few Pentax shooters in Bangalore if not entire India.

I had an experience in a camera store in Bangalore, where this Indian guy acting all high and mighty with his Nikon D90 and belittling Pentax and my K-x - calling it 'Pathetic'.

Little does he know what the K-x is capable of or rather... what a Pentax is...
I had purchased the K-x over D3100 and 1100D after an extensive comparison...

I just told him to google up TIPA Awards 2010 for K-x and read up the specs and price for the camera versus his 'high and mighty D90' before he looks more like moron.

... we (Pentax Shooters) are rare indeed...
Funny, I saw a K-x in the hands of an Indian tourist in Malaysia at KLCC (I asked him and he told me) in April of this year; the second and the last time I ever saw anyone sporting a Pentax (D)SLR in the wild. But this guys probably shouldn't count, for he was trying to take photographs of the Petronas Towers using the FGZ 360 flash.

The first being my very first K20d that I had sold to a forum member when I ran into her at the Cherry Blossom festival in Washington DC a couple of years ago.
09-07-2012, 09:31 PM   #1849
HSV
Veteran Member

Give your fellow Pentaxian the benefit of doubt, problably he was using SB mode.

My dad and brother are all crazy about Pentax...later I got into it for mainly two reason: 1) fully compatible with legacy glass, and 2) in body SR. Seems to me like Pentax is a brand that thinks about longevity of the product.

09-08-2012, 07:39 AM   #1850
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by HSV Quote
My dad and brother are all crazy about Pentax...later I got into it for mainly two reason: 1) fully compatible with legacy glass, and 2) in body SR. Seems to me like Pentax is a brand that thinks about longevity of the product.
For me it's actually a family system. Grandpa's takumars will work with an adapter to any K-mount camera; dad's KX/MX/LX/Z1p can still use the FA Limiteds; All of grandpa's and dad's lenses can be handed down for use on son's new Pentax DSLR!
09-09-2012, 07:25 PM   #1851
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Last week we were in Bangkok to attend and shoot at a friends wedding. After the ceremony my partner and I went to the 'SkyBar' which is set atop a 40+ story building overlooking the Chou Phraya river and all of BKK. I took the new Q with me and was testing out it's capabilities when my eye was attracted by a bright red 'PENTAX' camera strap. Clasping my fellow shooter on the shoulder I said.. 'hey Penatx!' and pointed to the Q.

My victim looked at me sadly, held up his Canon something or other and said 'Sorry I just like using the Pentax strap'

Foiled again!
09-10-2012, 06:41 PM   #1852
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
A week ago, my Pentaxian group was invited by a local television show. There's five of us with K100D, K10D, K20D, K-x, K-r digitals, fully working Black KX and Super Program, and lots of 'iron and glass' lenses. Although none of us is with newer Pentax bodies -to match the newer canikon- the show was hot, lots of viewer's phone calls during and after the show, asking this and that, especially asking "where can I purchase Pentax?". After the show closed, the entire television crews swarmed us, asking, touching, testing -even comparing image results directly on a laptop- lots and lots of fingerprints

09-10-2012, 08:01 PM   #1853
Veteran Member

There are new photographers every day

Many new photographers are born every day, and many turn semi-pro or pro every day. Now that Pentax is in the hands of a company that cares, they need to start pushing the many qualities and advantages of owning a Pentax.

When are they going to start?
09-11-2012, 01:30 AM   #1854
Inactive Account

I took my K-5 to the local camera shop a couple weeks ago to buy a rocket blower, and get the guy to take a look at what I was hoping was just some dust on the viewfinder, I asked if he'd look at it and of course he said yes, so I took my camera out of my bag and handed it to him. His jaw dropped and said "Is this a K-5?! I've never seen one in the flesh." his expression was priceless.
09-11-2012, 01:42 AM   #1855
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Isnwm Quote
his expression was priceless.
There are times I also get this with young girls who haven't seen Pentax's bright-colored bodies. My K-x is screaming red. It seems Canikon's implementation of it didn't attract many of them. They ask if Pentax also got pink, and when I nod, I am inclined to believe I've just turned more people into knowing the brand =))
09-11-2012, 04:01 AM   #1856
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I just think we Pentax folk are a discerning lot!
09-11-2012, 04:07 AM   #1857
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
And.... I have a Nikon strap on my K-5 so no one will try to steal it!
09-11-2012, 05:11 PM   #1858
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Cynog Ap Brychan Quote
A dime a dozen eh???
09-11-2012, 09:31 PM   #1859
Pentaxian

Heavens above !
Doesn't it effect performance ?
09-11-2012, 10:49 PM   #1860
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Isn't that a bit like fitting re-moulds on a Ferrari ?