Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2399 Likes Search this Thread
04-05-2015, 10:58 PM   #3691
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
I'm hoping for an electronic K-1000 complete with the manual controls and needle matching exposure and 51 MP sensor. They can keep the AF. But that's not going to happen is it?
A digital K 1000? Make that a digital LX! Interchangeable finders!

04-06-2015, 01:23 AM   #3692
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Had my first random sighting today! But i got too shy to approach. I think he might have been french? Overheard him talking to his wife.

I was sightseeing with wolfiepup in greytown, new zealand and there was a guy there with what i thought was a k5ii but when i saw how thin it was i think it was actually a ks-1? There was a lens with a green ring on it. So an af lens. But i didn't get to see more than that. Wish I'd gotten less shy/tongue tied to go up and say hi. My camera was in my backpack so i couldn't have even just made eye contact, smiled and waved the camera..
04-06-2015, 06:53 AM   #3693
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by grhazelton Quote
A digital K 1000? Make that a digital LX! Interchangeable finders!

Deal....
04-06-2015, 01:27 PM - 2 Likes   #3694
Veteran Member

Today I visited a girl I met on the bus from Edinburgh Airport in February. She knows my pictures and told me that she has a DSLR but no clue about how it works and asked whether I could show her the basics. When we were at her place she pulled out a Pentax Kx. I think I have to marry her.

04-06-2015, 01:45 PM   #3695
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by FantasticMrFox Quote
Today I visited a girl I met on the bus from Edinburgh Airport in February. She knows my pictures and told me that she has a DSLR but no clue about how it works and asked whether I could show her the basics. When we were at her place she pulled out a Pentax Kx. I think I have to marry her.

Just go ahead! You'll be a nice "Pentax couple" !!!

04-06-2015, 02:26 PM   #3696
Forum Member

Pentax users, know the quality of Pentax, the excellent pictures that come from using a Pentax, we don't need a N or C brand camera to enjoy great photography.
04-06-2015, 05:09 PM   #3697
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by FantasticMrFox Quote
Viva Los Vegas

04-06-2015, 05:40 PM   #3698
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Pepe Le Pew Quote
Viva Los Vegas
I was born in the 90s and do not get this reference - at all.
04-07-2015, 04:54 AM   #3699
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Rockabilly
04-07-2015, 07:19 AM   #3700
Pentaxian

Just came back home from a trip to Belgium and spent some hours developing RAW files...

Lots (and i really mean LOTS) of tourists in the streets, didn't expect to be so crowded...many with DSLRs, i saw three people in total wielding a Pentax camera:

- Silver k200D with 18-55
- Silver *istDs (probably ?)
- K-3 with 18-135

Anybody else had a Canikon or a Sony. So i guess we are really that rare :P. I also noticed that mirrorless interchangable lens cameras were popular but not as much as i expected, probably DSlr still rule the streets :P

To conclude this very deep market analysis i can say that i didn't see a single person changing a lens, and probably only one or two people with a fixed focal length lens. Anybody else had some sort of general purpose zoom, mostly the standard kit lens.

I also took some pictures to couples asking me for a portrait, with both some lowly Nikon and a Canon 60D if i am not mistaken, didn't like it at all

They were surely missing a K-S2 with selfie button....
04-08-2015, 04:15 AM   #3701
Veteran Member

Took my camera out of my bag today and left it on my desk. Work colleague comes by and goes, "oh! you have a white one! I've been wanting on those!" Turns out she's also a Pentaxian, despite shooting a Nikon atm. She wasn't aware of all the new lines out, and we spent a happy 30 mins chatting about the k-3 etc. Going to try my best to bring her back into the fold.....

It'll be nice to have someone nearby to shop talk to!
04-08-2015, 09:48 AM   #3702

QuoteOriginally posted by wolfiegirl Quote
Took my camera out of my bag today and left it on my desk. Work colleague comes by and goes, "oh! you have a white one! I've been wanting on those!" Turns out she's also a Pentaxian, despite shooting a Nikon atm. She wasn't aware of all the new lines out, and we spent a happy 30 mins chatting about the k-3 etc. Going to try my best to bring her back into the fold.....

It'll be nice to have someone nearby to shop talk to!
Hi from sunny Scotland. Nice to "meet" another Wolf. I wonder if there any more of us out there so we can form a worldwide wolfpack of pentax owners. Maybe we are not so rare after all. Aye yours, LoneWolf
04-08-2015, 02:06 PM   #3703
Pentaxian

So today I sold my RIkenon 50mm f2 lens to a very nice young lady here nearby where I work. She just got a K-5 recently and already added the plastic fantastic and a manual 135 lens. Now she wanted a nifty fifty. It's probably very rare to find a young teenage girl that is excited about Pentax but today I found one
04-09-2015, 01:55 AM   #3704
Veteran Member

I'm seeing lots of romantic adventures happening in the future
04-09-2015, 03:32 AM   #3705
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by LoneWolf Quote
Hi from sunny Scotland. Nice to "meet" another Wolf. I wonder if there any more of us out there so we can form a worldwide wolfpack of pentax owners. Maybe we are not so rare after all. Aye yours, LoneWolf
Hello there! Sounds like a plan =)

My work colleague brought all her gear into work today and we had a fun lunch break going through my stash. She owns a k-x. It's a lot lighter and smaller than I remember! Makes my k-50 feel like a beast...

I have now introduced her to the evils of tamrons, and I think she'll be purchasing a pentax mount macro sometime soon... she was drooling over the tamron adaptall 90mm manual i had, and has requested a list of all the lenses I was interested in selling...

I may make an lba'er out of her yet. *gleeful*