Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-13-2015, 06:38 PM   #3751

Photos: Gallery
We have some places in Michigan that carry Pentax. Camera Mart in Pontiac is where I go. I think Flint has a place too.

05-14-2015, 01:54 AM   #3752
Veteran Member

I'm doing my best to increase the market share. Starting with my granddaughter.... (taken with my D810 because she moves quickly and I often have to crop heavily)
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
NIKON D810  Photo 
05-14-2015, 02:03 AM   #3753
Veteran Member

If we can get some hot shot movie star to start using Pentax in public it would be the cool thing to have, but then again do we want to be associated with that sort of thing by default? "I was into Pentax before it was cool" is a lame excuse.......
05-14-2015, 03:17 AM   #3754

I have three…yes three!...stores a short journey away in Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom, to choose from. They are Merchant City Cameras, Jessops and Calumnet (professional gear only). Jessops and Calumnet are both chain stores.

05-14-2015, 10:28 PM   #3755
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm doing the Great Ocean Road (Victoria Australia) at the moment. Just visited the Twelve Apostles - 12 Nikons, 2 Canons, 1 Olympus, my sole K5, and thousands (?) of iPads, iPhones and that ilk!
05-15-2015, 12:42 AM   #3756
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rod_grant Quote
I'm doing the Great Ocean Road (Victoria Australia) at the moment. Just visited the Twelve Apostles - 12 Nikons, 2 Canons, 1 Olympus, my sole K5, and thousands (?) of iPads, iPhones and that ilk!
It's a given that encountering Pentaxes since the film age is rare, Rod.

But where were the millions of machines we've been told by fanbois are taking over everything - Fuji XTs, Sony A7s, Samsung NX1s?

Last edited by clackers; 05-15-2015 at 01:16 AM.
05-15-2015, 01:44 AM   #3757
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
But where were the millions of machines we've been told by fanbois are taking over everything - Fuji XTs, Sony A7s, Samsung NX1s?
Sorry clackers, I did see ONE mirrorless that I didn't identify.
(the rest must be on the Gold Coast!!)

05-15-2015, 02:01 AM   #3758
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Sorry clackers, I did see ONE mirrorless that I didn't identify.
(the rest must be on the Gold Coast!!)
Well there was that Olympus, which would have FF fanbois shaking their head.

A sensor even smaller than APS-C, what is the world coming to? :-D
05-15-2015, 05:07 PM   #3759
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

...and I forgot to mention the selfie sticks.
05-16-2015, 04:26 AM   #3760
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

I must come clean and admit to using one with my Samsung Mini-NX. :-)
05-16-2015, 04:57 AM   #3761
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This was my experience when we drove from Melbourne to Adelaide via the Great Ocean Road last September. I never saw another Pentax until Mt Lofty near Adelaide, and then it was two in the same day!

To be honest, I rather enjoyed the exclusivity because I knew what everyone else was missing

---------- Post added 05-16-2015 at 07:59 PM ----------

Those damn selfie sticks.......everywhere
05-16-2015, 12:39 PM   #3762
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Center city of Poitiers today : While awaiting my wife, there was a LGBTT parade, so I took some pics. I saw a young girl with a KS-2, I think. She passed by me quite rapidly and I said to her "Nice camera" while holding out the K-5. She smiled and went on her way flowing in the small parade's path. There were a few Canikons about and way too many smart phones ...

About an hour later while having a café with my better half near the courthouse, I saw a "monster". I went outside ASAP and sure enough, it was a 645Z with a 90mm. I approached the older shooter and said "Hi" ... then showed him my K-5/DA 15 combo. We chatted it up quite a bit. He seemed impressed that I still did film and had a nice collection of MF/film gear. He had a 645D before and said that the "Z" was better ... then I got a chance to handle it at his offering. Big, but not as heavy as I expected, considering. The viewfinder is HUGE.

So, two within an hour. Not bad and never thought that I would see a "Z" out on the street in action. Go figure ...
05-16-2015, 01:22 PM   #3763
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
I must come clean and admit to using one with my Samsung Mini-NX. :-)
As long as it wasn't the 'selfie arm' thingie.....
05-16-2015, 01:40 PM   #3764
Pentaxian

On my recent trip to Europe I saw one K-01 in Germany sported by an asian woman, and 2 K50's in France, one was yellow carried by a guys at the Louvre museum and the other was a white one- can't remember where I saw it but was a touristy place. Then I headed over to La Boutique Pentax in Paris and got me a 77mm limited The guy there let me try it on my K30 before I bought it and we talked a bit about the cameras and lenses he had. He even let me and my wife hold the gold LX! I was so nervous she would drop it because she is clumsy and it didn't have a strap on it lol! There were plenty of Canikons during my trip, but I was shocked at how many Sony mirrorless there were, both APS-C and full frame E mount. And the abundance of selfie sticks was just hilarious...
05-16-2015, 04:21 PM   #3765
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by LoneWolf Quote
I have three…yes three!...stores a short journey away in Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom, to choose from. They are Merchant City Cameras, Jessops and Calumnet (professional gear only). Jessops and Calumnet are both chain stores.
Meanwhile I've never even come across a camera store in Dundee.