Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-19-2016, 11:53 PM   #4261
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Slovenia
Posts: 2,141
Silver K-50, interesting choice...

04-20-2016, 08:28 AM   #4262
Senior Member
deus ursus's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Stårheim, Norway
Posts: 270
It didn't look that cold, though...
04-20-2016, 11:40 AM   #4263
Site Supporter




Join Date: Apr 2011
Photos: Albums
Posts: 2,872
Today while talking to a colleague about work related travel and hotels I mentioned staying in a lower end place near the Newark airport and buying a STak 20/4.5 while there. Then he asked if I was using anew camera. I told him I have a K3 and he said he has a K3II.
04-20-2016, 12:11 PM   #4264
Site Supporter
sherrvonne's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Texas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,857
QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
Today while talking to a colleague about work related travel and hotels I mentioned staying in a lower end place near the Newark airport and buying a STak 20/4.5 while there. Then he asked if I was using anew camera. I told him I have a K3 and he said he has a K3II.
Sooooo..... Tell us what that was like.....

04-20-2016, 01:27 PM   #4265
Site Supporter
kenspo's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Oslo
Posts: 1,879
Biggest "problem" with Pentax as a brand, in MY experience as ambassador...Is that if people remember Pentax at all, many of them do think that its just for old nerds. Because all the talk and use of old lenses etc. Many are even surprised that i as pro use Pentax. I have convinced many people, even got a few to change over to Pentax, but there are still one hell of a job to do..before we're really up there with the big boys in most peoples eyes
04-20-2016, 02:27 PM   #4266
What'chu lookin at
dngr's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Victoria/Great Lakes
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 617
Saw a tourist with a white K-50 downtown Victoria today. Did a double take, no lie
04-20-2016, 09:46 PM   #4267
Site Supporter




Join Date: Apr 2011
Photos: Albums
Posts: 2,872
QuoteOriginally posted by sherrvonne Quote
Sooooo..... Tell us what that was like.....
I could answer two ways. The first that entered my head, on being a bloke who was asked to discuss feelings about an ordinary, even if unusual event, to quote Guderian's memoires about his retreat to what had been the Luftwaffe HQ in Poland during 1944 when he found Goering had the interior walls in pale green: "how effeminate". (I read it while at high school, it was one of the books in the school library.) Or I could actually answer your question. It was nice to meet a colleague who has a previously unknown to me interest in photography. Nice he made a similar choice of equipment. Since he is a specialist in human factors I will ask one day how he judges the user interface of K3II.
04-20-2016, 10:36 PM   #4268
Site Supporter
sherrvonne's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Texas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,857
QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
I could answer two ways. The first that entered my head, on being a bloke who was asked to discuss feelings about an ordinary, even if unusual event, to quote Guderian's memoires about his retreat to what had been the Luftwaffe HQ in Poland during 1944 when he found Goering had the interior walls in pale green: "how effeminate". (I read it while at high school, it was one of the books in the school library.) Or I could actually answer your question. It was nice to meet a colleague who has a previously unknown to me interest in photography. Nice he made a similar choice of equipment. Since he is a specialist in human factors I will ask one day how he judges the user interface of K3II.
I had to ask since if I was talking to a workmate or new acquaintance and they told me they also had a K3, first I'd have to pick my jaw up off the floor. Then I might have a round of giddiness for the moment at having met another Pentax user in person. So far, I have not met one yet, it would be interesting... Someday... Someday. Should I admit that pale green is my favorite color?

04-20-2016, 10:54 PM   #4269
Loyal Site Supporter
clackers's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Melbourne
Photos: Albums
Posts: 7,688
QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
he found Goering had the interior walls in pale green: "how effeminate".

I reckon Hermann was a white K-50 kinda guy:


04-21-2016, 01:06 AM - 1 Like   #4270
New Member
section4's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Stockholm
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 13
Here in Sweden Pentax are quite rare. I've not seen another pentax-user yet anyway but I've never had any Cannikons dissing my choice either.

I have two Canon-friends who I shoot regulary with. Initially they praised their Canon's but they where a bit anoyed with the image quality that my K5 delivered with old manual Pentax, Takumar and Zeiss-lenses.
They first both bought same old glass as me with adapters but now they have completely given up their Canon's. One of them has my K5 (sold it since I've ordered a K-1) and the other will also buy a K-1 as soon as I get mine.

Took me 8 months but now I have two Pentax-buddies instead

/ M
04-21-2016, 05:51 AM   #4271
Pentaxian




Join Date: Aug 2013
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 985
QuoteOriginally posted by section4 Quote
Here in Sweden Pentax are quite rare. I've not seen another pentax-user yet anyway but I've never had any Cannikons dissing my choice either.

I have two Canon-friends who I shoot regulary with. Initially they praised their Canon's but they where a bit anoyed with the image quality that my K5 delivered with old manual Pentax, Takumar and Zeiss-lenses.
They first both bought same old glass as me with adapters but now they have completely given up their Canon's. One of them has my K5 (sold it since I've ordered a K-1) and the other will also buy a K-1 as soon as I get mine.

Took me 8 months but now I have two Pentax-buddies instead

/ M
Well the k-5 series is tough to beat. I have a k-5II and I just love it.
04-21-2016, 10:37 AM   #4272
Site Supporter




Join Date: Apr 2011
Photos: Albums
Posts: 2,872
QuoteOriginally posted by sherrvonne Quote
I had to ask since if I was talking to a workmate or new acquaintance and they told me they also had a K3, first I'd have to pick my jaw up off the floor. Then I might have a round of giddiness for the moment at having met another Pentax user in person. So far, I have not met one yet, it would be interesting... Someday... Someday. Should I admit that pale green is my favorite color?
Guderian was a soldier, so I guess he could be rather direct about his opinions of personality expressed through something such as choice of decor. And he published in the days before rampaging political correctness.

My old school library certainly had an interesting collection for a school. All for the cultural enrichment of the boys (there were no girls).
04-21-2016, 10:37 AM   #4273
Pentaxian




Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 4,532
QuoteOriginally posted by section4 Quote
Here in Sweden Pentax are quite rare. I've not seen another pentax-user yet anyway but I've never had any Cannikons dissing my choice either.

I have two Canon-friends who I shoot regulary with. Initially they praised their Canon's but they where a bit anoyed with the image quality that my K5 delivered with old manual Pentax, Takumar and Zeiss-lenses.
They first both bought same old glass as me with adapters but now they have completely given up their Canon's. One of them has my K5 (sold it since I've ordered a K-1) and the other will also buy a K-1 as soon as I get mine.

Took me 8 months but now I have two Pentax-buddies instead

/ M
What were the issues with the Canon? I mean to me all camera are good enough to make great photos, so I wonder what were the issues with the Canon bodies?
04-21-2016, 01:23 PM   #4274
Senior Member
deus ursus's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Stårheim, Norway
Posts: 270
QuoteOriginally posted by Nicolas06 Quote
What were the issues with the Canon? I mean to me all camera are good enough to make great photos, so I wonder what were the issues with the Canon bodies?
Hey! They chose Pentax over Canon! Why bother?
04-21-2016, 01:29 PM   #4275
Senior Member
Mothballs's Avatar

Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 259
QuoteOriginally posted by Nicolas06 Quote
What were the issues with the Canon? I mean to me all camera are good enough to make great photos, so I wonder what were the issues with the Canon bodies?
Having used a few, I find they feel cheap for starters. The D-Pad is clunky, the menus are atrocious. AS a Camera goes, they do the job, but they just feel so... haphazard. Canon has great glass, don't get me wrong, but their camera bodies leave so much to be desired.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
brand, camera, canon, cell, choice, companies, domination, dslr, eastman, favor, fear, lens, nikon, pentax, people, phone, photography, pm, post, result, scroll, steve, time, tools, water, wheel, world
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
K 28mm/2 (rare ?, value ?) mactansblue Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 28 08-28-2010 09:57 AM
Landscape Rare Precipitation skid2964 Post Your Photos! 8 12-19-2009 08:50 PM
How rare is this lens? raymeedc Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 11 11-20-2009 02:31 PM
The rare F50mm f/1.4 coqui Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 9 05-14-2008 06:09 AM
A rare find indeed... !! Marc Langille Pentax Camera and Field Accessories 19 10-31-2007 01:10 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:13 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top