Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2395 Likes Search this Thread
04-26-2016, 08:45 PM   #4291
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I guess you're right Giklab. However, they'll never get anything from me when it comes to remote and cable release. I bought mine on eBay at a much lower price. I can't recall how much I paid for my cable release but, I do remember paying $1.00 for my remote.

04-26-2016, 10:21 PM   #4292
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by totsmuyco Quote
I wonder why it was discontinued by most manufacturers.
Electronics rules! Electronics also takes up less camera space and reduces assembly and manufacturing costs. Who'd want, or perhaps even understand, an old fashioned mechanical device that didn't require batteries?

I wouldn't mind so much if those silly IR receptors designed for 'selfies' were more effective under all shooting conditions.
04-27-2016, 03:50 AM   #4293
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Jim Johnson wrote a DIY article on making a wired remote from an IR remote.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/62-do-yourself/186110-make-wired-release-...ir-camera.html

Tim
04-27-2016, 08:05 AM   #4294
Veteran Member

I was doing street photography in Montreal's downtown and came accross a horde of Canikon users with their L lenses (I think they were migrating), they were carrying more gears then I can fit in my DTS's trunk. They all looked ready for a photographer beauty pageant with their immaculate attires and equipments, they probably thought I was somekind of beggar when I passed by :-/

04-27-2016, 08:34 AM   #4295
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That's when I like showing off my DA21 pancake. Fah! I don't need some half-meter-long zoom! Smile for the cute little lens, everyone!
04-27-2016, 08:35 AM   #4296
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Helios 84-5 Quote
I was doing street photography in Montreal's downtown and came accross a horde of Canikon users with their L lenses (I think they were migrating), they were carrying more gears then I can fit in my DTS's trunk. They all looked ready for a photographer beauty pageant with their immaculate attires and equipments, they probably thought I was somekind of beggar when I passed by :-/
Canon "can" - when they can carry it
04-27-2016, 12:29 PM   #4297
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Helios 84-5 Quote
And what would have been the reaction from you if it was a group of people with K1, 24-70, 70-200 and 150-450 for lenses? This would be as bulky and expensive than Canon...

I don't see any reason to think people with high end Canon or Nikon or Pentax or whatever are to be any different.

04-27-2016, 01:06 PM   #4298
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Nicolas06 Quote
And what would have been the reaction from you if it was a group of people with K1, 24-70, 70-200 and 150-450 for lenses? This would be as bulky and expensive than Canon...

I don't see any reason to think people with high end Canon or Nikon or Pentax or whatever are to be any different.

I would be bewildered at this rare sight, to see a group of Pentax users would be like seeing tasmanian wolves.
04-27-2016, 01:19 PM   #4299
Pentaxian

OTOH, I hope we have a better sense of humour than the "opposition"
04-27-2016, 01:24 PM   #4300
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jeallen01 Quote
04-27-2016, 02:38 PM   #4301
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jeallen01 Quote
No issue with that from me, this is just I don't feel the need to downside others on their brand choice or display

I just wonder why we need to justify ourselves to the point we fill the need to trash people that made different choices if we are satified with what we are using?
04-27-2016, 04:58 PM   #4302
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
No issue with that from me, this is just I don't feel the need to downside others on their brand choice or display

I just wonder why we need to justify ourselves to the point we fill the need to trash people that made different choices if we are satified with what we are using?
We do have to wonder, Nicolas. We also get non/former Pentax shooters like Jsherman, Osv and Neostyles (who are what Rupert calls 'jumpers') posting to this forum, trashing people's choices.

04-27-2016, 05:19 PM   #4303
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Jay generally doesn't trash us or Pentax. He still likes the gear. He has simply become convinced APSc can't do for him what FF can. I would not be at all surprised to see Jay rent or buy a K-1.

The other two have something else going on. Mirrors or video or something else from the dark side - real anger and derision.
04-27-2016, 05:26 PM   #4304
Veteran Member

Sorry if I gave that impression. I was a Canikon until recently so I was just having fun, that is all. I honestly don't care about brands, as long as I can do pictures
04-27-2016, 09:04 PM   #4305
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Jay generally doesn't trash us or Pentax.
He definitely comes, trashes APS-C users, then disappears again to Nikon land.

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
The other two have something else going on. Mirrors or video or something else from the dark side - real anger and derision.
Yup, pretty much.

If I sell my Pentax gear I promise not to return to here stomping on my old brand and promoting Canon or whatever.

So distasteful, hearing people bag their exes. ☺