Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2399 Likes Search this Thread
04-07-2017, 03:41 AM - 4 Likes   #4681
Veteran Member

Was at my sons graduation last week and had my K3 with me. The family in front had borrowed someones Canon for the occassion but couldn't work out how to operate teh flash. Seeing my with a "posh camera" in hand the dad asked me to help him set up the flash. I admitted I didn't speak "Canon" but would have a try. After a couple of minutes I found a button with a flash symbol so I pointed to it and said "try that". Success and they took a number of family photos with various combinations pushing the shutter.

I volunteered to take one groups shot with everyone, to which the mum asked me "Yes please, but do you mind using a Canon"? I replied that I would wash my hands before and after so it should be fine....

04-07-2017, 11:52 AM   #4682
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by liney Quote
snip

i volunteered to take one groups shot with everyone, to which the mum asked me "yes please, but do you mind using a canon"? I replied that i would wash my hands before and after so it should be fine....
LOL :d
04-07-2017, 12:10 PM   #4683
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Cynog Ap Brychan Quote
Yes - I saw that too. The Pentax logo was very prominent!
Anyone here has a copy of that BBC news?
04-07-2017, 12:27 PM - 1 Like   #4684
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ragnarkov Quote
I was at Disneyland recently, and over the 5 days in California plus 2 days travel back and forth from Vancouver, not a single Pentax to be seen. I myself didn't take my camera, but I was constantly looking.

You didn't take a camera to Disneyland! A bit like making pilgrimage to Lourdes and not drinking the water!

04-07-2017, 12:29 PM   #4685

I'm seeing more and more, but still mostly Canikon
04-07-2017, 02:35 PM   #4686
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by angerdan Quote
Anyone here has a copy of that BBC news?

It should be this one here I think: BBC News - BBC News at Six, 31/03/2017
It says "currently not available" but I don't know if that's a regional thing or not.
04-07-2017, 09:58 PM   #4687

QuoteOriginally posted by Skodadriver Quote
You didn't take a camera to Disneyland! A bit like making pilgrimage to Lourdes and not drinking the water!
I took it to Disneyland the first time round, about 3 years ago. And again to Disneyworld 2 years ago. This time around I figured I should focus on spending time with the kids, instead of taking pictures of them.

And I don't mind saying, while it was a lot of fun, I sort of felt naked without my K-3 dangling from my shoulders... sure my S7 Edge took some great photos (and wife refuses to use her iPhone camera, cause, in her words, "the pictures just suck compared to it"), but they just don't compare to what you can achieve with a DSLR and a selection of lenses.

04-07-2017, 10:23 PM   #4688
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Topsy Quote
It should be this one here I think: BBC News - BBC News at Six, 31/03/2017
It says "currently not available" but I don't know if that's a regional thing or not.
Not available in England. Not a regional matter. As news, it is rather old. Probably deleted as not worth the disk space.
04-09-2017, 03:12 AM   #4689
Veteran Member

Slight tangent, I was digging though another forum and spotted this for sale. I didn't see many Canikon equivalents...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00F2ISH9Q/?tag=pentaxforums-20&tag=097-20&ascsubt...1_3_3n1_1dhg_8
04-09-2017, 07:49 AM   #4690
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Liney Quote
Slight tangent, I was digging though another forum and spotted this for sale. I didn't see many Canikon equivalents...

amazon.com: I Shoot People Camera Photography Novelty Funny Mug Tea Coffee Gift Office Cup ...: Kitchen & Dining?tag=pentaxforums-20&
A little cheaper https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00V8A9HZA/ref=dp_cerb_2?tag=pentaxforums-20&

I did see one for Canon too.
04-09-2017, 11:40 AM   #4691
Pentaxian

Fairly sure I saw a guy with a K-1 at RHS Hyde Hall in Essex today - did not get the chance to talk to him as I was not feeling at all well (But somewhat better now)
04-09-2017, 11:47 PM - 3 Likes   #4692
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jeallen01 Quote
Fairly sure I saw a guy with a K-1 at RHS Hyde Hall in Essex today - did not get the chance to talk to him as I was not feeling at all well (But somewhat better now)
See, that's the spiritual power of the K-1, Jeallen ... it was able to heal you even though you only caught a glimpse of it.
04-10-2017, 01:27 AM - 1 Like   #4693
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
See, that's the spiritual power of the K-1, Jeallen ... it was able to heal you even though you only caught a glimpse of it.
Unfortunately, since my "unwell" issue seems to be related to lifting/carrying things, I don't think a K-1 would be the "healing solution" (tried one at a photo show last year, it was too heavy for me even then!!)
04-10-2017, 11:44 AM   #4694
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jeallen01 Quote
Unfortunately, since my "unwell" issue seems to be related to lifting/carrying things, I don't think a K-1 would be the "healing solution" (tried one at a photo show last year, it was too heavy for me even then!!)
And people ask why tf Pentax would make the Q
04-10-2017, 12:25 PM - 1 Like   #4695
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Giklab Quote
And people ask why tf Pentax would make the Q
OTOH, the Q-series is a little too far in the opposite direction - K-30 (my "go-to" carry around on "days out" body) is about the right size/weight for me (the "unwell" issue relates mainly to my spine, after feeling a disk "go out and in" after lifting my 1959 Mini - the "original" Mini" - when trying to put a jack under it, some 45 yrs ago! I "felt" the effect at the time, and I knew I would pay the price in both the short and the long term - and I have, many times ! )

PS: when I carry the K-3 and K-5, PLUS some BIG, LONG lenses for airshows and the like, is when I REALLY know what price I paid for that stupid (but "unavoidable" at the time/place/circumstances) mistake. Just could not consider (financial reasons apart") a K-1 for that reason alone - but good luck to those who can make good use of that excellent camera.