Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-05-2017, 04:11 PM   #4891
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Just saw a blue k-30 on a Firefly credit Union commercial.

10-05-2017, 04:25 PM   #4892

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Cynog Ap Brychan Quote
Wouldn't the red Pentaxes be more like sore thumbs?
I have a white K-01 and a red K-50. Both command attention. But I wouldn't use the term "sore thumbs" (ahhhem, clears throat) but more like "colorful" or "cheerful"....

I like them because I can find them easily. Wish I had a really rare color but took discounts rather than ordering and waiting and paying full price. Ahh, the wages of poverty.
10-06-2017, 12:23 AM   #4893
Pentaxian

@BigMacCam
Tried to reply to your PM but was unable to do so because of how you have set up your a/c.
10-06-2017, 04:45 PM   #4894
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Aslyfox Quote
Sounds like when I drove my 2002 suburban [ 188,000 miles + ] in Chicago, other vehicles, except semis and their trailers and buses, got out of the way

it isn't only the size, it's the rust and dents, they think I don't mind collisions

[ I do but they don't know that ]
I need to start thinking in a history...

10-07-2017, 06:42 PM   #4895
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by virusn3t Quote
I need to start thinking in a history...
Wrong forum?
10-11-2017, 12:34 PM - 1 Like   #4896
Veteran Member

My mate is in Paris this week and just sent me this from his hotel entrance:

The Hotel is called Hôtel Déclic (Hinting at an aperture mod? )

Edit: Looks like there's a Pentax collection exhibited in the hotel. Not sure who it belongs to and if it's always there. Bloody cool though and great advertising!

Last edited by Topsy; 10-11-2017 at 03:13 PM.
10-16-2017, 11:47 AM   #4897
Veteran Member

I went into a small antiques store on the weekend. The guy has quite a bit of camera gear, and quite a lot of Pentax gear in particular. He said that he got his Pentax 6x7 from Ottawa police, and a lot of other Pentax gear from the government. Interesting bit of history...

10-16-2017, 11:58 AM   #4898
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by IgorZ Quote
I went into a small antiques store on the weekend. The guy has quite a bit of camera gear, and quite a lot of Pentax gear in particular. He said that he got his Pentax 6x7 from Ottawa police, and a lot of other Pentax gear from the government. Interesting bit of history...
I bid on a FA* 250-600 once from the Ottawa warehouse, that's when I found out that $2k is nothing for long lenses, it went for $7k. For the time it was expensive, but it was in practically new condition, obviously part of an RMCP surveillance unit's set up, a unit that didn't get out much.
10-16-2017, 12:31 PM   #4899

I hit a record high for me on a trip to Europe that I just got back from, I saw TWO Pentax cameras in use in Ravenna, Italy (can I count mine for three, LOL!) in the same day, Sept. 29th! The next day I saw another in Dubrovnik, Croatia! I think one of the guys was from Australia and the other guy was from Winnipeg, Canada. (I'm not sure there the third was from.) That beats my previous all time total of one Pentax seen on the last trip and that was in Rome, Italy last year.
10-16-2017, 02:52 PM   #4900

It gets mighty lonely sometimes reading the non Pentax threads.
10-19-2017, 02:13 PM - 1 Like   #4901
Pentaxian

In my quest to find a camera store, the best price in Canada on a K-P is Camera Canada. I found these guys....

I asked if they had a K-P and a K-70 in stock so I could compare real cameras.

Thank you for your interest in Camera Canada. We have the cameras here to
try out and see.

We are located in Downtown London, here is our address...
Forest City Image Centre
217 Dundas Street
London, Ontario
N6A 1H1
Here is a link to the map...
Google Maps
anada

London is along way from us and we'd have to plan it, but, Tess has a nephew and couple nieces there we could visit an make it a trip. Plus the current price on the K-P is the best in Canada.

Last edited by normhead; 10-19-2017 at 05:43 PM.
10-19-2017, 02:28 PM   #4902
Veteran Member

Well, I saw a Pentax DSLR while I was at the BALLARAT INTERNATIONAL FOTO BIENNALE. I couldn't see what model it was though. It's sad that Pentax used to be more visible in Australian retail outlets, say 8 years ago. I appreciate them being for sale online in Australia but it really only caters for existing customers and is hard to bring in new customers that way. Anyway, nice to see one out in country Victoria, Australia.
10-19-2017, 03:24 PM   #4903

QuoteOriginally posted by howieb101 Quote
Well, I saw a Pentax DSLR while I was at the BALLARAT INTERNATIONAL FOTO BIENNALE. I couldn't see what model it was though. It's sad that Pentax used to be more visible in Australian retail outlets, say 8 years ago. I appreciate them being for sale online in Australia but it really only caters for existing customers and is hard to bring in new customers that way. Anyway, nice to see one out in country Victoria, Australia.
Perhaps the answer is to hold local/regional gatherings of some sort where lonely and/or concerned Pentax owners or Pentax clubs present their cameras and lenses to show people, to demonstrate and basically advertise our cameras. It might seem pointless, unless we create a demand and more people hit on camera stores to carry cameras so that they can buy them after trying a hands-on event. A Pentax rep could be invited. It would be a chance for local Pentaxians to meet one another.
10-19-2017, 05:07 PM   #4904

Photos: Albums
Hi Norm,

Can't tell from your post if you are aware of the photoprice.ca website, which tracks camera and lens prices for various makes in Canada and the U.S. Here's the link for the black KP:

Pentax KP (Black) - Canada and Cross-Border Price Comparison - photoprice.ca

May save you a bit of time, plus you get the price for the last few months in a graph to be able to put the current price in a bit of context.

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
In my quest to find a camera store, the best price in Canada on a K-P is Camera Canada. I found these guys....

I asked if they had a K-P and a K-70 in stock so I could compare real cameras.

Thank you for your interest in Camera Canada. We have the cameras here to
try out and see.

We are located in Downtown London, here is our address...
Forest City Image Centre
217 Dundas Street
London, Ontario
N6A 1H1
Here is a link to the map...
Google Maps
anada

London is along way from us and we'd have to plan it, but, Tess has a nephew and couple nieces there we could visit an make it a trip. Plus the current price not eh K-P is the best in Canada.
10-19-2017, 05:41 PM   #4905
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by NotSteve Quote
Hi Norm,

Can't tell from your post if you are aware of the photoprice.ca website, which tracks camera and lens prices for various makes in Canada and the U.S. Here's the link for the black KP:

Pentax KP (Black) - Canada and Cross-Border Price Comparison - photoprice.ca

May save you a bit of time, plus you get the price for the last few months in a graph to be able to put the current price in a bit of context.
That is how I found the price at Camera Canada. They have ithe K-P at $110 off right now.

Last edited by normhead; 10-22-2017 at 05:17 AM.