Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-01-2018, 12:16 AM - 1 Like   #5176
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Saw a K7 at a street festival today. Commented on the choice of Pentax and got a smile in return.

04-01-2018, 05:48 AM - 3 Likes   #5177
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Harrow: Latest Episodes : ABC iview

Had the unusual pleasure of watching an Aussie TV series on Friday night where the major clue was photographs taken with a Pentax. The quote in the episode was " That is a Pentax K1000. They made about 3 million of them" Not sure I've ever heard a specific model ever referred to in any tv show or movie.
04-01-2018, 05:52 AM   #5178
Veteran Member

Went to Sydney Royal East show and saw a guy with a K-1 and a Sigma 50-500 Bigma in Spotless Stadium during the rodeo show this evening
04-01-2018, 06:16 AM - 1 Like   #5179

QuoteOriginally posted by Arjay Bee Quote
Saw a K7 at a street festival today. Commented on the choice of Pentax and got a smile in return.
No Vegemite sandwich, though?

04-16-2018, 02:52 PM - 1 Like   #5180
Veteran Member

On the new Lost in space tv show aired on Netflix, at the beginning of the tenth episode, the kid Will Robinson ( Danger Will Robinson...) is watching a recorded video with a Ricoh WG-M1... 30 years in the future.
04-16-2018, 05:20 PM - 1 Like   #5181
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Lucky-Luc Quote
30 years in the future
That is a great product then - good to know it will last that long. ;-)
04-16-2018, 06:28 PM - 1 Like   #5182

Photos: Albums
Recently got back from a trip to London and Paris. Went to all the major sites (Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame, etc) and over 18 days, not a single Pentax other than my K-3. Absolutely tons of Canon (including my daughter) and Nikon. And of course everyone and their cellphones.

I did however get a beautiful shot of the Cathedral that a few people have said I should have printed and framed.

So not a total loss

04-17-2018, 12:58 AM   #5183
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Lucky-Luc Quote
On the new Lost in space tv show aired on Netflix, at the beginning of the tenth episode, the kid Will Robinson ( Danger Will Robinson...) is watching a recorded video with a Ricoh WG-M1... 30 years in the future.
It can be seen in the first episode if you know what you're looking for but it's only from a distance.
04-21-2018, 02:25 AM - 5 Likes   #5184
Pentaxian

K-1 II on a Hill

I recently climbed around on some hills on the Canary islands.
There was another photographer near a nice spot so I passed him by relatively close by (not much room if you dont want to Fall off the cliff).
When I did that he obviously saw my K-1 and I heard a „Ah, Pentax“ from behind.
Turned Out he had both a K-1 and a K-1 II dangling from his neck.
He was a pro wedding photographer from Belgium who was there on a Job.
Said the wedding couple wanted some night sky shots on La Palma near the famous observatories.
First K-1 II I saw out there. And certainly where I did Not expect One.
04-21-2018, 03:17 PM   #5185

QuoteOriginally posted by beholder3 Quote
I recently climbed around on some hills on the Canary islands.
There was another photographer near a nice spot so I passed him by relatively close by (not much room if you dont want to Fall off the cliff).
When I did that he obviously saw my K-1 and I heard a „Ah, Pentax“ from behind.
Turned Out he had both a K-1 and a K-1 II dangling from his neck.
He was a pro wedding photographer from Belgium who was there on a Job.
Said the wedding couple wanted some night sky shots on La Palma near the famous observatories.
First K-1 II I saw out there. And certainly where I did Not expect One.
I always wonder what it is that makes us rare?

He had not one but two late-model, neck-hung Pentax cameras;
really want to know what made him chose and stick with Pentax/K-1?
It can't have been a yearning for comradeship.
04-21-2018, 04:08 PM - 3 Likes   #5186
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

While visiting with my Sister and Brother at her home in Arlington, VA we took in a portion of the Rally/March for Science at the Washington Mall this past Saturday. I saw many, DSLRs, but as far as I could tell, NOT ONE PENTAX!! Surely science mavens would naturally migrate to Pentax, as it furnishes the best return on investment to be had.....
04-24-2018, 11:53 PM - 1 Like   #5187
Pentaxian

I'm new to Pentax but I'm trying to start a photo club at the college I attend so I'll see if there's anyone else who shoots Pentax. Maybe I'll try to turn some people over from Canikon. :P
04-25-2018, 11:49 PM - 1 Like   #5188
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I just spent five days in Seville and Madrid. Pentax count, zero. While there I did handle a Nikon and a canon and I am frankly unimpressed, (other than in af). my Nikon using friend however was blown away by my K3. Saw quite a few Sonys though, their advertising is clearly working.
04-26-2018, 08:29 PM - 1 Like   #5189
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Traveling on vacations nearly every year, I thought I’d see another Pentax in use, but nada until last August in Yellowstone National Park. Actually he spotted me first as I was carrying a both K-5 and a P67. It was the P67 that got noticed first and then I saw he was using a K-1.

Then a few weeks ago I was strolling Manhattan and I saw a young woman, early 20s I’d say, with a Spotmatic. It’s not the first film camera I’ve seen recently, I’m starting to see more and more of those.
04-27-2018, 03:56 PM   #5190
maw
Pentaxian

Are we in good faith or uninformed?

I was reading an article on 25 April, so a few days ago. Well, I was annoyed, not the article itself, but the answers of commentators who to say the least don't understand much about photography,

they only make assumptions about data they don't know. I had read the article by Ian Norman I think two years ago he had interested me. but the difference that readers make is huge,

it's one thing to stack a series of images and another thing is Pixel Shift (or super resolution call it what you want). Making a series of shots convert them to PS or other SW, it takes a long process

that does not bring any benefit to the photo that remains an alteration of reality. Obviously nobody knows the technology of Pixel Shifting, but unfortunately these speeches fuel misinformation

in the media, which only know Canon, Nikon, Sony, Fuji and so on. I'm really annoyed about the misinformation that reigns over Pentax, but above all they don't even have the courage to inform

themselves. In the midst of globalization there are so many people who do not know Pentax products but worse still avoid them as if they had the plague.

Very disappointed.

Here the link: Here's how to create...