Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2399 Likes Search this Thread
04-15-2011, 06:44 AM   #676
Inactive Account

I work in a camera shop when pentax slr's have only recently become available, we dont have any in store but can special order them. People ask me what i use, followed by Ooooo, why? it does annoy me having to justify this and with us not having the stock i cannot prove my point, to them it's just my opinion and they usually want to buy that day. After using other stuff day to day, i would never change and kind of like following the "underdog trait". I feel more time and thought goes into the cameras as we are currently getting 2 per year, when canon and nikon are more than double that. The only way to silence the critics is to produce fantastic images on our "second rate cameras". This brings me more joy than anything.

04-15-2011, 06:59 PM   #677
Veteran Member

This montage I put together of a small sample of some of the [cute female] mirror shots and self portraits of K-x users on flickr should give Pentaxians heart. Cameras like the K-x have taken Pentax into a very broad market well beyond traditional camera hobbyists.
04-16-2011, 07:56 AM   #678
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
This montage I put together of a small sample of some of the [cute female] mirror shots and self portraits of K-x users on flickr should give Pentaxians heart. Cameras like the K-x have taken Pentax into a very broad market well beyond traditional camera hobbyists.
Interesting collection, i know this is a small sample and i dont know if it was a random selection but they are mainly female and gives me the impression they are only interested in the colour(color), Dont get me wrong, i have a white kx but i did my research and it was that or a k20, just felt the low light and size would suit me better.

i think the main problem is recognition, they are a small company than canon and nikon, and produce less cameras to they dont have as much surplus to splash on fancy ad's (certainly not in the uk). But they already have there market and produce regular upgrades for die hards. in respect to the colour that has certainly busted the market to appeal to the younger market where its becoming "cool" again.
04-16-2011, 11:32 AM   #679

Photos: Gallery
Yeah, right . . .

"Honey, why are you looking at all those girls' pictures on facebook?"
"Well, dear, I'm putting them together to show everyone on the Pentax forum."
(SLAP!)

04-16-2011, 03:21 PM   #680
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by simon_barker_9 Quote
but they are mainly female...
That's only a small selection of the K-x user pix on flickr. There are lots of cool looking guys there too, of which this is only a selection (the bunny guy is my fav):

The appeal of the colours btw seems to be as strong for guys as gals. The white K-x in particular seems to be very popular across genders.
04-16-2011, 04:55 PM   #681
Veteran Member

WHAT???

And you didn't include a pic of me?

Obviously you don't think I'm cute enough (sob!!!)
04-16-2011, 05:52 PM   #682
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Christine Tham Quote
And you didn't include a pic of me?
Obviously you don't think I'm cute enough (sob!!!)
Sorry Christine!
The montage was just the product of a quick rummage around, really. If was doing another montage filtering just for cute, you'd be at the top of the list.

04-20-2011, 10:09 PM   #683
Veteran Member

Nice
04-21-2011, 04:41 AM   #684
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm female and about to get a K-X, but I am getting the black one lol. I want to be able to get higher resale when I upgrade later But a pink one would be nice

Lol the bunny is a guy? how cute lol.
04-21-2011, 05:51 AM   #685
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by geekette Quote
I'm female and about to get a K-X, but I am getting the black one lol.
Cool. Don't forget to post a mirror pic here of yourself once you get your camera...
Yes, the K-x seems very popular with cos players, and/or traps
04-21-2011, 06:45 AM   #686
Forum Member

last weekend i went to 2 aquariums in nyc area and i seen about 40 dslrs of which 38 was canon 2 nikon i had only pentax, i decided to buy pentax cause i dont want to be another guy with another same thing as guy next to me, plus ofc pentax cameras are at same lvl as competitor so the choice was obvious, even my gf is fliping her canon strap cause evem she likes it, she hates that he looks like any and wvery othe person with dslr, anyway i went to b&h store in nyc and there is tons of canom and nikon ads, even sony posters, but nothing pentax, you can go shop for dslr amd never even notice pentaxes there,

and from my side of view, there is a lot of lenses for pentax but used lenses market is so tiny, cause to get new brand camera and buy set of 3-4 new lenses its a lot of money, where canon or nikon used you can get easly at good prices

but im proud of my kx, even when canon guy with 5d comes next tome takes pics and my gf sneaking up on him and comparing to my pics telling me, hes are better, i dont give up, i shoot more, im proud of my tiny kx, thinking im still learning and hoping that 1 day ill have canonians gf sneaking on me and telling her bf that my pics are better
04-21-2011, 09:14 AM   #687

Photos: Albums
One client told me that: "It's not important that the camera would be comfort, it has to be the best!"
And I answered him: " Well, that's how You think when You are buying it and maybe even after two months, but after that, when the camera is uncomfortable You start using it less and less. So I guess that comfortable is really what matters."
Then he thought for a second and bought himself a Pentax, cause he understand that I was right!

And still, what are those Canon, Nikon and Sony? They have their market cause their doing so much ad's. Pentax doesn't need ad's the best ad is from people to people!
04-21-2011, 12:27 PM   #688
Veteran Member

Over the last few years I've been amazed twice. I was first amazed at how few Pentax cameras I'd see, but then I 've been surprised on the few ocasions I do see them. Interestingly 2 of my best friends independently got Pentax DSLRs, which I thought was cool (one already had a Pentax film camera, and the other was impressed like I was with the value in Pentax).

I've also been surprised at how snobbish some people can be. Once I was given a complement about my camera only for the guy to sneer once he saw it was Pentax. On a very recent trip (in Carlsbad Caverns), this guy with a Nikon blatantly stepped in front of me with his tripod because he said that with a Pentax I am obviously an amature and should step out of the way. Go figure, although I am an amature.

As it is, I like being unique. It's just a name anyway.
04-21-2011, 12:28 PM   #689
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hey Gee:

You want the pink Kx, but want better resale value, so you are getting a black one. Fair enough. But black goes with everything, so get the pink 35mm lens with it! You'll upgrade the body, but keep the lenses!

I'm looking at the gold version of the 35, it should turn some heads!

Regards,
04-21-2011, 01:12 PM   #690
Veteran Member

I'm female and about to get a K-X, but I am getting the black one lol. I want to be able to get higher resale when I upgrade later But a pink one would be nice

You're in luck! Woot has the pink K-x with kit lens for $439 today!

Moo?¡ : Ou? p??' Ou? p???