Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-31-2011, 05:48 PM   #946
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by maciek_w Quote
Why?
Because you were having too much fun?

08-01-2011, 07:53 AM   #947

QuoteOriginally posted by MRRiley Quote
It's Ace Photo in Ashburn, VA (just north of Dulles Airport...

Don't expect a whole display case or anything. They still have lots more Canon and Nikon gear than anything else, but they usually have at least a couple of Pentax bodies as well as a decent selection of Pentax and other K-mount lenses. And several of the salesmen shoot Pentax at least part-time (being camera store guys they tend to shoot multiple systems) so no one will look at you weird when you ask to look at something.

Mike
I'm also a Pentax shooter living in NoVa and I'm glad that they are there. One of the guys I have dealt with there is sort of non-plussed by the brand but he is otherwise always extremely helpful and accomodating. Their prices are a little high vs. online but if they are within $100 when I decide to buy a certain lens for my K-5 that I've been wanting to get... I'll buy it there instead just to support them and to do my little part to make sure they continue to have some justification for carrying the brand.
08-01-2011, 05:16 PM   #948
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I hadn't really noticed much in my travels the past 20 years or so until I got my K200D a month or so ago. I went to a big concert with my kid, and decided to notice what people were carrying. Lots of Nikons, a couple Canons (mostly pros with press passes using those) and one Olympus. Not a single Pentax. I did get a compliment on how cool mine was though, even if it was from one of my kid's friends who probably knows nothing about cameras, it was still nice.
08-01-2011, 06:32 PM   #949
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Love this thread! Read it a few days ago, so when I went to an airshow yesterday I looked for Pentaxians!

I found 3 THREE! including me. Didn't get a look at the cameras but they were Pentaxes. I was sporting a white K-x

08-02-2011, 01:16 PM   #950
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
Because you were having too much fun?
Sure I was!

I just pitty all those Nikon/ Canon/ Sony users, who weren't having it as much as I!

Plus I bet my photos came out better
08-06-2011, 12:35 AM   #951

Maybe ...we...are....

Yes maybe we are that rare.................

Let's not judge by quantity...................

But the quality of the Soul................

08-08-2011, 09:23 AM   #952

Photos: Gallery
I saw one at UNH on Saturday. . . didn't get a good look at the body, think it was one of the smaller digitals. . .

08-09-2011, 02:51 AM   #953

Think I have only seen 2-3 Pentax users, 1 being film, the rest were digital. Not recently, though. What I have seen recently, however, is a number of Pentax P&S users, still in the minority compared to Fuji/Sony, but there nonetheless.

For my recent holiday, some photos of it can be seen in my gallery, I was the only Pentax user, and certainly the only film user. Got funny looks when I changed film the one time, heh!. But generally I am concentrating on taking photos, so don't always notice what other people are using, unless they have long lenses, those ALWAYS get my attention, probably a case of lens-envy, lol!.

Got the Z20 when I did an Intermediate Photography course a number of years ago, basically it was the best deal at the time that met my requirements, and have been a Pentaxian ever since.

B
08-10-2011, 11:45 AM   #954
Forum Member

Saw my first in the wild!

Spent the weekend at Wilber, Nebraska's 50th annual Czech Days festival, and spotted two Pentaxians. One was off in the distance, too far for an approach, but carrying a white k-x and an expensive looking lens. Couldn't identify the other black model, as I walked past the guy and didn't get the knowing Pentaxian nod when we met eyes, so I went on my way.

I still look forward to talking shop with another Pentax user in person, but I was glad to spy them in passing nonetheless.
08-13-2011, 05:41 AM   #955
Veteran Member

Rare?
Hmmm...
Before, I was the only one who shoots with Pentax camera here in our city. Before, I was really looking for others here in our place who shoots with Pentax too, but none. After years of shooting, a master photographer from other place came and lived here. He uses Fujifilm S5 Pro and Pentax cameras (from 6x7 to lots of 35mms and two K10Ds and a K7). From that day on, we were shooting together. Then he became like my father. We traveled a lot to shoot. Since our good friendship, we've motivated others to use a Pentax camera as their first camera, others completely shifted to Pentax. Hehe.
Before, I was a lone Pentaxian...
And now... here in our place, we're eight proud Pentaxians!
Pentaxians are rare here in our place... Rare but kicks ass!
And, guess who just won as the Photographer of the Year 2011 and other top awards here in our city... A proud Pentaxian..!
Cheers..! =)
08-13-2011, 05:50 AM   #956
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by richard balonglong Quote
And, guess who just won as the Photographer of the Year 2011 and other top awards here in our city... A proud Pentaxian..!

Fantastic! Makes us all proud
08-13-2011, 09:54 AM   #957
Veteran Member

Safety In Numbers

Pentax Singapore August 2011 Monthly outing... a meeting of old friends and buddies back at Haji Lane...
photos courtesy of Frank (K-5 with the DA 21mm Limited... the perfect street lens). Photos from the outing HERE.

Last edited by creampuff; 08-13-2011 at 10:01 AM.
08-15-2011, 07:19 PM   #958
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by creampuff Quote
Pentax Singapore August 2011 Monthly outing... a meeting of old friends and buddies back at Haji Lane...
photos courtesy of Frank (K-5 with the DA 21mm Limited... the perfect street lens). Photos from the outing HERE.

Man, I love your shots from your Pentaxian gatherings! Does Pentax recognize your group in any way? If not, they should. Y'all make a nice walking advertisement for Pentax.
08-16-2011, 03:20 PM   #959
Veteran Member

Here's a video clip of our Singapore outing courtesy of Darren, one of our members:

Last edited by creampuff; 08-16-2011 at 03:25 PM.
08-19-2011, 05:30 AM   #960
Veteran Member

We may be rare and the Canikon Priests may try to convert us to their religion,but I just laugh when I see some of their attempts to fit Pentax primes to their cameras.