Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2395 Likes Search this Thread
08-19-2011, 06:03 AM   #961
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by G and T Quote
but I just laugh when I see some of their attempts to fit Pentax primes to their cameras.
yeah, but i cry sometimes when they destroy some exceptionnal lenses :'(

08-19-2011, 06:39 AM   #962
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
When visiting orlando I saw and spoke with a fellow pentaxian (k20 user). However I had made previous arrangements to meet up with him while the wife and I were in orlando on other business in order to sell him my k7.
08-21-2011, 01:12 PM   #963

I guess so.

Ive only recently got mine (k7, super pleased with it btw) but have wanted one for years thanks to my brother.
Maybe its marketing or lack of it. Its definitely not the product. The other day at work a guy came into my office and we were talking dslrs as he was interested in purchasing one soon. I started telling him about Pentax and if we were in a store and I was a salesman I bet I could have sold him an camera right then and there lol!

And I suck at sales!!! lol
08-21-2011, 09:00 PM   #964
Pentaxian

I would say in the US, yes, Pentax users are rare.

Since starting with DSLRs back in 2004, I have seen one (1) Pentax user in the wild. Using a K-7. Which provided me with an opportunity to strike up a conversation and get to handle the body for a few minutes.

That was the final piece of the puzzle, and I purchased the K-5 a few months later. And so far, I have not been disappointed.

08-21-2011, 10:56 PM   #965
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I've made a couple comments on this thread before, but we went over to Vancouver to see family, and between the Ferry, and downtown, I can honestly say there were more Pentax cameras than Canon and Nikon. While obviously there are more Nikon and Canon's around, it's nice to see. My 3 year old almost walked off with a K-r left on a playground. I ran up to a family walking away and sure enough it was theirs...
08-22-2011, 03:34 AM   #966
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I saw a young guy shoot a wedding with a white K-x yesterday. He looked like a paid shooter.
08-22-2011, 04:01 AM   #967
Inactive Account

I saw a lady using Pink KX in thailand, My gf pointed it to me with, made me nervous. Just looking at her face she seems to like one. Im pretty sure I also saw a big picture in the bkk airport that the king of thailand is using a white pentax Kx unless there are other white slrs.

08-22-2011, 08:49 AM   #968
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by boone Quote
I saw a lady using Pink KX in thailand, My gf pointed it to me with, made me nervous. Just looking at her face she seems to like one. Im pretty sure I also saw a big picture in the bkk airport that the king of thailand is using a white pentax Kx unless there are other white slrs.
the King of Thailand used to use Nikon DSLR, maybe he changed
08-22-2011, 09:25 AM   #969
Veteran Member

Here's a group photo of our local photography club (Baguio Photographers Club):
A lot of Nikon users, and Canon users too but a lot of them are absent in the photo. How many Pentaxian here in the photo? hehehe...

My fellow Pentaxian (at the right side of the photo) was a Canon user, and I encouraged him to switch to Pentax. hehehe...
08-22-2011, 11:35 AM   #970
Veteran Member

I think we are rare, but I'm seeing more Pentax shooters. Went to an air show and balloon festival Saturday with my photo club. Got there really early for the balloon lift off and saw 3 other Pentaxians. Saw a K-5 (lady said she loves it), a red K-m and a white K-m. I am the only Pentax shooter in my club, and I have the K100D and K20D.
08-22-2011, 07:56 PM   #971
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by aurele Quote
the King of Thailand used to use Nikon DSLR, maybe he changed
Yeah I heard he does use nikon. But the big image in thai airport, I swear it was a white slr.
08-25-2011, 04:05 PM   #972
Veteran Member

i am it from where i live for 100s a miles around LOL poor basterds they do not know what there missing
08-25-2011, 07:52 PM   #973
Veteran Member

I'm in San Francisco for a few days. Today I wandered around various locales including the Maritime Museum + Aquatic Park + Ghirardeli Square area, where of dSLRs I saw the usual Canons, one Nikon, one Lumix, a Minolta but no Sony -- and a K7! The owner sounded Dutch.
08-26-2011, 04:47 AM   #974
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

At Linville Falls (popular stop on the Blue Ridge Parkway) I saw a group of three, each with a DSLR: one Canon, one Nikon, and one Pentax! I chatted with my fellow Pentaxian for a minute. He had a K20D with an SMC A 1:2.8 50mm macro. Said he's given the lens some hard knocks but never a problem.
08-27-2011, 02:38 PM   #975
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Last week we went to a wildlife park (safaripark BeekseBergen) in The Netherlands. And a real wonder appeard. First i saw someone walking with a K7, and later in a safaribus there even was a guy sitting beside me who was shooting with a ist-d camera.

This was the third and fourth camera ever i saw in the wild beside my own one. (not counting a Pentax K100D who i often see in the wild but is owned to my brother and happens to be my own former K100D )

So, we really are rare (and i love it )