Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2399 Likes Search this Thread
10-18-2011, 04:26 AM   #1216
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Jodokast96 Quote
If it's necessary, fine. But what good is it beating the shit out of your tools just because you can?
It doesn't look intentionally damaged, just used. My grandad's car is old, but immaculate. He has time to clean it and care for it. He owns it for convenience.

The van the builder over the road owns is much newer, but has dents and scratches on the outside, plaster dust on the seats and concrete on the floor. He earns a living with it.

It's the same with the cameras. He hasn't bought those lenses to love and cherish. He's bought them to use. Sometimes they get a bash, but the damage is only cosmetic. The builders van gets him to work scratched as well as it does unscratched.

10-18-2011, 09:00 AM   #1217
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If it's necessary, fine. But what good is it beating the shit out of your tools just because you can?
He was not beating it up, it just had lot of miles on it. Tool`s of the trade.
10-18-2011, 12:42 PM   #1218
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Think about how many images and possibly sold images he may have had with that lens, as long as the glass is in good shape and the focus barrel isn't grinding or loose.. he's good to go! I'm sure if you offered to paint his lens for him he might even let you... or just tell you where to go and how to get there! Face it, if he's been shooting his daughter playing soccer (most likely since she was little.. my daughter started this summer @4 years old).. you would be best served to invest in the right glass first.. and looks like he's done that, and it's probably doesn't owe him a dime by now in his eyes.
10-18-2011, 02:50 PM   #1219
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

He did carry a second rig, it was little shinier than the heavy gun.
And yes, I was the only one with Pentax. And he did not snicker at me, at least not to my face. Just asked " sir, did you get the shot ".

Last edited by Ex Finn.; 11-11-2014 at 05:48 PM.
10-18-2011, 02:57 PM   #1220
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
My sighting for today, at girls soccer. Couple Nikon`s, one with a long zoom and pop-up flash on. Not sure why he did it, might have tried for a different effect. Sort of know him...
And one Canon shooter, holy crap, his gear was nothing but a bunch of tools for getting the image. My hats off to him.
The correct way to use a monopod.

Hats off to him for real.
10-18-2011, 05:40 PM   #1221
Veteran Member

simple. because you can.
10-18-2011, 06:38 PM   #1222
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Chex Quote
Think about how many images and possibly sold images he may have had with that lens, as long as the glass is in good shape and the focus barrel isn't grinding or loose.. he's good to go! I'm sure if you offered to paint his lens for him he might even let you... or just tell you where to go and how to get there! Face it, if he's been shooting his daughter playing soccer (most likely since she was little.. my daughter started this summer @4 years old).. you would be best served to invest in the right glass first.. and looks like he's done that, and it's probably doesn't owe him a dime by now in his eyes.
actually it's a lot better than desecrating a Pentax lens for Canon use. I can still remember that FA*300/2.8 gotten butchered badly. that one gave me nightmares.

10-18-2011, 06:44 PM   #1223
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxor Quote
actually it's a lot better than desecrating a Pentax lens for Canon use. I can still remember that FA*300/2.8 gotten butchered badly. that one gave me nightmares.
and the K28/2 that someone castrated for use on a Nikon!

Phil.
10-18-2011, 08:41 PM   #1224
Veteran Member

I was in Summer Palace in Beijing last week and I saw a K-r with DA21, a K-r with kit DAL 18-55, and a K-5 with 18-55 WR, and a gazillion Canikon DSLRs...
10-23-2011, 05:27 PM   #1225

After working at the airport for a year, I finally found another Pentax user today. She had a red K-x.
10-30-2011, 02:22 PM   #1226

At Moody Gardens (Galveston, TX) yesterday I ran into another Pentaxian using a black K-r. He asked if I knew of anywhere localy to obtain Pentax lenses but I told him I hadn't seen anything worth it in the area.

On my way back to Houston, we stopped at Fry's Elec. and I noticed they stock the K-r and a DA 50-200 lens. That's the first time I've seen anything new from Pentax in the Houston area. There are a few shops that have some used lenses, but not much that's worth it.
10-31-2011, 12:19 PM   #1227
Veteran Member

Today, just saw a fellow pentaxian with probably a WR body and a big standard zoom (17-70 ?). He was sneaking around with his wife, taking picture of the viaduct (? is it the rght word ?), nature, landscape ...

... and strange people climbing on this big viaduct

10-31-2011, 12:20 PM   #1228
Veteran Member

yep Viaduct is the right word. where's the elusive pentaxian (harder to get a picture of one of those than a Dodo )
10-31-2011, 07:20 PM   #1229
Veteran Member

Well today I bumped into another Pentax shooter! It was my daughters Kindergarten teacher! sure it was an Optio RZ10.. but still that bright green camera caught my eye and I was pretty damn sure I knew what it was before I even approached her. I had brought my k-5 in to shoot pics of my daughter and her friends, so I said "Glad to see I'm not the only one who shoots Pentax around here".. she looked at the K-5 in disbelief.. I'm pretty sure she didn't know Pentax even made DSLR's with all the mommy cam's around there (T2i's/XS's and D60's/D90's). She said she's very happy with the pictures from her little Optio.. I told her "That is all that matters".
10-31-2011, 07:21 PM   #1230
Veteran Member

So whats the difference between a Viaduct and an Aquaduct?