Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-16-2012, 12:25 AM   #1471
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by noaslplease Quote
Wow, that white K-r looks gorgeous!
I agree. And from what it seems, they prefer warmer tones - but for her companion's Nikon, they had to put a yellow -orange diffuser on the built-in flash
I guess the FA50 on the K-r does the job well without the flash mod, lol

04-16-2012, 04:14 AM   #1472
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Alizarine Quote

Saw another Pentax-wielding person yesterday at a local mall convention.
IDK about these people that don't wear their camera strap. Looks like an accident waiting to happen, especially in a crowded area like a convention.
04-16-2012, 06:14 AM   #1473
Loyal Site Supporter

Just returned from Thailand where I saw a myriad of C's, N's and some others but not one Pentax. Not even in any of the airport shops was the brand "Pentax" displayed.
04-16-2012, 06:31 AM   #1474
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Bruce Clark Quote
Just returned from Thailand where I saw a myriad of C's, N's and some others but not one Pentax. Not even in any of the airport shops was the brand "Pentax" displayed.
Apparently it's not a good place to be a leica owner either, I remember reading a story by a guy shooting as a pro who went for a long term assignment. He had to ship his camera to North America for service

04-16-2012, 08:31 AM   #1475
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
Apparently it's not a good place to be a leica owner either, I remember reading a story by a guy shooting as a pro who went for a long term assignment. He had to ship his camera to North America for service
To America for service of Leica gear? I thought they did that in Germany.

PS approaching 100 pages!
04-16-2012, 08:47 AM   #1476
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Giklab Quote
To America for service of Leica gear? I thought they did that in Germany.

PS approaching 100 pages!
Originally bought in the US so he had to send it to Leica USA. I'm pretty certain some of the service is done in the US (certainly in Canada we have service for some of it though possibly more complex M8/M8.2/M9 issues go to Germany)
04-16-2012, 09:17 AM   #1477
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
If you REALLY want to feel lonely, try using a Praktica LTL in public! My old beater still works, although the lenses need some CLA for slow/sticking diaphragms, etc.
04-16-2012, 10:51 AM   #1478
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
If you want to see a rare thing, how about a Pentax camera as the only regular camera for sale on a website other then the Pentax website?

Cameras - Photography - National Geographic Store

At least somebody sees how good Pentax is.

04-16-2012, 12:35 PM   #1479
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by bigdavephoto Quote
If you want to see a rare thing, how about a Pentax camera as the only regular camera for sale on a website other then the Pentax website?

Cameras - Photography - National Geographic Store

At least somebody sees how good Pentax is.
Zarathustra just played in the background...
04-16-2012, 08:23 PM   #1480
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Philoslothical Quote
IDK about these people that don't wear their camera strap. Looks like an accident waiting to happen, especially in a crowded area like a convention.
Yeah, I remember my friend (who was used to his Nikon D40's small, light body) just dropped his brand-new (as in hours-new) D7000 on the floor, on that same convention, just because he forgot to put the strap on. For some reason it became second instinct to me that if the strap isn't around my neck, I loop it tight around my hand.

PS

I think the next post after mine will be the first for page 100 =))
04-16-2012, 08:36 PM   #1481

I never run across another Pentax user in the wilds of Indiana. Such a shame.
04-16-2012, 08:45 PM   #1482
Veteran Member

Yeah, I remember my friend (who was used to his Nikon D40's small, light body) just dropped his brand-new (as in hours-new) D7000 on the floor, on that same convention, just because he forgot to put the strap on. For some reason it became second instinct to me that if the strap isn't around my neck, I loop it tight around my hand.
Ouch. Was it totaled? I always, always use the neck strap with my K-r, the only exception being if I'm laying on the ground with it for macros, or tripod work (and I put the strap on before I release it from the tripod! Yes, I'm paranoid ). People like in the pic I commented on look like they think it's a fashion accessory, I've never understood that.

PS

I think the next post after mine will be the first for page 100 =))
Fourth one after mine will be
04-16-2012, 09:26 PM   #1483
Veteran Member

Neck straps not around necks are accidents waiting to happen. I don't think I ever even took the straps that came my K20D or K-5 out of the boxes.
04-16-2012, 09:38 PM   #1484
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Cash Quote
Neck straps not around necks are accidents waiting to happen. I don't think I ever even took the straps that came my K20D or K-5 out of the boxes.
Everything that's not secured in multiple points could potentially fail. that's why some people wear crazy setups.
04-16-2012, 11:37 PM   #1485

I haven't run into a single Pentax user in my entire life. I've run into people who've found a 35mm Pentax body in their closets…and sold them to buy a Nikon…

As a consolation, I ran into a beautiful woman shooting with a full-frame Canon. She complimented me on my *ist D: she couldn't believe it was digital, and she loved the way it looked with the SMC A lens on it. This sort of thing happens all the time. ;D